Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2013
Hey guys,

I purchased a couple of text tones from iTunes on my iPhone while at work.
My iPhone was set during the time of the purchase to sync with my Macbook, but because I have my iMac now with more of my media than the Macbook I set the iPhone to sync with the iMac from now on.

Because iTunes is ridiculous I had to delete the music I had on there originally to put the same music on it... And I lost my purchased text tones. I've gone back to the original page where they were purchased and unlike the App store it doesn't recognize that I've already purchased it.

Sooo how do I get them back XP...

Last edited:

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2013
Contacted Apple support and through the power of kindfulness, Robert sent my phone a redownload under the pretext that the download didn't work, no prompting from me boy scouts honour.

Find it really silly that iTunes isn't set up like the App store with recognized previous purchases. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, just add some kind of security or something XP...

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Contacted Apple support and through the power of kindfulness, Robert sent my phone a redownload under the pretext that the download didn't work, no prompting from me boy scouts honour.

Find it really silly that iTunes isn't set up like the App store with recognized previous purchases. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, just add some kind of security or something XP...

iTunes does recognize previous purchases, just not the text tones part; which in my opinion is a real pain. There have been numerous times where I had to erase my iPhone and lost all my purchased text tones. What I do now is I always back my phone up as soon as I purchase new tones. It's only temporary and I think that Apple will eventually allow us to restore previously purchased ringtones/text tones. They did it for movies/music/tv shows and apps, they should do it for everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.