Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Aug 5, 2013, 04:36 PM   #1
mjsanders5uk
macrumors member

Connecting OS X mountain lion to OS X lion server

I'm messing about with a home server.

I've got my mac mini running OS X Lion server and all seems fine.

However when I try to add the server to either of my MBP's running OS X Mountain Lion I get the "Connection failed to the directory server. (2100)" issue.

The Apple site suggests updating to OX 10.7.4 but the computers running 10.8!

Any thoughts?
mjsanders5uk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2013, 03:30 AM   #2
alexrmc92
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsanders5uk View Post
I'm messing about with a home server.

I've got my mac mini running OS X Lion server and all seems fine.

However when I try to add the server to either of my MBP's running OS X Mountain Lion I get the "Connection failed to the directory server. (2100)" issue.

The Apple site suggests updating to OX 10.7.4 but the computers running 10.8!

Any thoughts?
Apple doesn't support binding newer OS's to older servers, the schemas may very well be different. Your best bet is to upgrade to ML server or downgrade the MBP's to 10.7
alexrmc92 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2013, 05:05 AM   #3
mjsanders5uk
macrumors member

Actually some how managed to do it.

Turns out I hadn't created an active directory in the server. At least I think that's what I did!
mjsanders5uk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2013, 08:58 AM   #4
alexrmc92
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsanders5uk View Post
Actually some how managed to do it.

Turns out I hadn't created an active directory in the server. At least I think that's what I did!
Glad to hear! If you mean open driectory, then yes you need to enable that to bind macs together.
alexrmc92 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking