Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BerySwirls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2013
keyboard was working, ive never had a problem with it. i shut the computer down, moved it to another room and when i powered it on the keyboard went haywire. qwerty row, f1-f12, capslock,shift and a few others not working. my search shows a long standing problem going back to 2006 with many suggestions to "maybe" fix it but no one seems to know what the problem actually is,including apple, so they say. i have tried everything,mouse keys,speech, new user,re-pairing,removing plist files,downloading keyboard update from apple which turned out to be an older version than whats already in my system, go figure.all to no avail. at this point i cant even do reinstall of the OS, i upgraded to lion (a long time ago so thats not the problem)which has an internal reinstall system and the 'R' is needed upon booting and thats one of the keys not working. i dont want to buy a new keyboard as i have seen posts from others it didnt help. im at a complete loss as what to do.

does anyone know what this problem is or have a suggestion other than the things ive done?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.