Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scrabblemadas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
Hi guys,

I have the latest software updates.

I wanted to make a calendar with some photos from my aperture library, so I moved the desired photos to iPhoto to create and buy the calendar.

However, when I checked my Aperture library today, all my photos are now missing.

Help please!

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
How did you move them from Aperture to iPhoto? If you're using the latest version of both, you can simply open the Aperture Library in iPhoto.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
It is extremely unlikely that you lost your photos... unless you intentionally deleted your entire Aperture library.

The first thing I would recommend is: Aperture > File > Switch to Library

And then select your Aperture library. Maybe you somehow disconnected the program from your main library.

Going back to the previous poster's question. Did you use Aperture to export the pictures (hopefully), or did you manually go into the library through Finder to transfer pictures?

/Jim

Reactions: vassili_d

Leesarinners

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2013
Lost photos

Hi. I opened aperture tonight and all my photos are gone. Not one project still exists. I put some on 2 days ago and have been flagging some for a project over the last week but now nothing is there except the ones I put on from my card tonight. Any ideas?

Cheers
Leesa

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
As the other member asked, how to do you move the images from aperture to iPhoto?

Is there any other aperture library in your ~/Pictures folder?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.