Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulisme

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Charleston, SC
I played a music video in iOS 7 this morning and couldn't figure out a way to make the video full screen. I first tried rotating the phone but that just brought up all my album covers. I then looked for but couldn't find any UI elements that would let me go full screen. Am I missing something or is this capability just not available yet?

Arthur.Dent

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2011
Music Video Full Screen?

I am having the same issue - Am I missing something here?

I played a music video in iOS 7 this morning and couldn't figure out a way to make the video full screen. I first tried rotating the phone but that just brought up all my album covers. I then looked for but couldn't find any UI elements that would let me go full screen. Am I missing something or is this capability just not available yet?

-js-

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Southern California
You're not missing anything. As mentioned in the other thread, IF you have a video that shows up in your music app (only does this if it has it's own album name and track number) it will only play in portrait mode.

So to watch full screen you must use the video app. However, the video app doesn't group your videos at all! Only lists them alphabetically. It used to group them into an artist when there were three or more videos from the same artist. No longer.

Not. Good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.