Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
I have an ipad 3 on 6.1 jailbroken.

It keeps crashing. Now I know I can't restore it to 6.1.2, I'd have to upgrade to 6.1.3 and lose jailbreak, which I don't want to do.

But what happens if I click erase all content and settings.

Will I lose my jailbreak? Will I end up in a boot loop? Will it be fine?

Thanks for any advice.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
What would you expect to happen if you "erase all content" ?

Your iPad will have the firmware erased which will require a restore to 6.1.3

No,

I don't mean plug it into itunes and restore, I mean going into settings and clicking erase all content.

----------

Use iLEXRat from cydia or semirestore, look up in iphoneate.com/hack

Thanks, will check that out now.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
No,

I don't mean plug it into itunes and restore, I mean going into settings and clicking erase all content.

----------

Thanks, will check that out now.

FYI dhlizard knows that. This topic is mentioned almost as often as "can I jailbreak 6.1.3".

Definitely check out ilex rat and semi-restore. Those are your best bets to avoid losing your jailbreak.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Ran semirestore

Worked but now can't get back up and running. Won't restore from the backup I used. Can't set up as new iPad because iTunes says the iPad was disconnected whatever I try to do. Can't get on wifi as just keeps saying 'cant connect'.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Ran semirestore

Worked but now can't get back up and running. Won't restore from the backup I used. Can't set up as new iPad because iTunes says the iPad was disconnected whatever I try to do. Can't get on wifi as just keeps saying 'cant connect'.

Did you reboot?

Reset network settings

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.