Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

petvas

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Apple released the fifth beta version of OS X Mavericks.
I will be covering all the changes in my blog site.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2013-08-07 um 22.04.49.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-08-07 um 22.04.49.png
    106 KB · Views: 252

petvas

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
You could also help everyone out and post changes here as well :cool:

Yes, of course. The download is taking too long. It is 1,7GB big and apparently the Apple servers are experiencing issues. My 100Mbit connection shouldn't be the issue (but you never know)

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Yes, of course. The download is taking too long. It is 1,7GB big and apparently the Apple servers are experiencing issues. My 100Mbit connection shouldn't be the issue (but you never know)

Mines taking a while on my 40Mbit connection - 38 minutes remaining.

Edit: The time is actually going up! Apple servers taking a hit.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Great deal :)

I'm leaving work a little early so hopefully an hour from now I'll be downloading and the servers will be straightened out.

petvas

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Mines taking a while on my 40Mbit connection - 38 minutes remaining.

Edit: The time is actually going up! Apple servers taking a hit.

Mine isn't any faster. 33 minutes remaining...after that we have to install also..

Scyanide

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Yeah, but you can't have the 2D dock at the bottom without a Terminal command.

There are tools out there that will do it for you. Not very hard in the terminal. To be honest, if they gave us the 2D look on the bottom I'm pretty sure they would do exactly what you would do in the terminal they'll just have some panel check box for it.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
There are tools out there that will do it for you. Not very hard in the terminal. To be honest, if they gave us the 2D look on the bottom I'm pretty sure they would do exactly what you would do in the terminal they'll just have some panel check box for it.

That's great, but the point is for it to be the default dock or for it be an option like you said.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
DL speed difference must be localized. On my 25Mb connection I finished downloading the 1.72GB update in under 8 mins.

Scyanide

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Currently installing. Anyone want me to check anything specific on my rMBP?

I doubt it is in the OS developer previews but if there is a newer version of iTunes ...please check if we we can view purchased apps/books from iCloud instead of having to download them to view them in our library.

Also, if you are able, if iTunes can finally sync podcast lists with their podcast app on iOS.

..again, I doubt we'll see these things from 10.9 developer previews and more likely in the actual iTunes betas recently released but I thought I'd still ask.

----------

That's great, but the point is for it to be the default dock or for it be an option like you said.

Considering they moved from 2D to 3D ..I doubt it'll become the default again (I could be wrong). Though I do find it strange they don't allow for a toggle between the two. That part has always made no sense to me.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003

In 10.9 they removed the terminal command so it's no longer possible to have a 2D dock on the bottom.

Scyanide

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2013
Melbourne, FL
In 10.9 they removed the terminal command so it's no longer possible to have a 2D dock on the bottom.

That's... interesting. Wonder why? Does it clash with animations or something? Oh well. I'm sure there will be third party tools out there to bring it back. Replace the dock with their own custom one.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
That's... interesting. Wonder why? Does it clash with animations or something? Oh well. I'm sure there will be third party tools out there to bring it back. Replace the dock with their own custom one.

I think it wasn't intentional. They redid how the dock is drawn now (it's no longer images you can edit) so in the process they might've broken it.

Considering they moved from 2D to 3D ..I doubt it'll become the default again (I could be wrong). Though I do find it strange they don't allow for a toggle between the two. That part has always made no sense to me.

Well, they went from 3D to 2D on iOS. It should go away if Ive is still bashing his skeuomorphism-be-gone stick around.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
My install got interrupted briefly. With about 11 mins to go, the "About xx minutes", under the blue install progress bar, disappeared for about 3 mins then appeared again at 11 mins left, looks like it's progressing normally after that. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.