Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matt4077

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Berlin, Germany
I'm working on a presentation using the Letterpress theme. When inserting charts or shapes, these use an image fill as a default background. These images fit nicely within the theme, and there are apparently several colors available, but I can't find a way to change them. The inspector only lets me choose a file (or a different fill method like solid color, gradient etc.).

I'd expect a dropdown somewhere with the pattern image in the several different colors it apparently exists in, but can't find it. Any ideas?

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Open Inspector. Choose Slide Inspector. Under Background, change the first selector to Tinted Image Fill. You will see the Choose selector change. Click on the color box and you Color Palette will open. From there you can change the color tint of the background to what ever you want.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 8.12.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 8.12.29 AM.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 423

Jocose Jack

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2017
Side note: (in addition to firedept's apt reply) If you want to preserve the 'texture' (e.g. linen paper) of the default fill image, you'll also need to lower the color selector opacity slider to ~50%. Else, you'll just get a solid color and not be able to see the original 'texture'.

slider.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.