Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:58 PM   #1
zpapa21
macrumors newbie

Anyone have any good music program compatible with Itunes?

I was going to use Rhapsody but the fact that they don't support ipods makes it out of the question. I just want to know a program that combines the compatibility and the ease of getting music. Possibly albums and such. Money isn't an issue, i am willing to pay money. thanks for any and all help.

I am new to this board so if this questions has been brought up a ton, dont flame.........
zpapa21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 07:11 PM   #2
mcmillan
macrumors 6502

If you want to get albums, and you don't mind spending money, then you can use the iTunes Music Store, which is built in iTunes.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 07:14 PM   #3
macbaseball
macrumors 6502a

I'm a bit confused - what's wrong with iTunes Music Store.

From what I've heard the subscription services are a bit shaddy - you don't actually own the music, and also the majority of them have compatibilty issues with the iPod. There's a reason the iTMS has a 80 percent market share in the US.
macbaseball is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 07:17 PM   #4
PlaceofDis
macrumors Core

or you can always rip your cds onto your computer.

there is eMusic too, that works just fine although it has a limited catalog
Old Nov 16, 2005, 07:23 PM   #5
Konradx
macrumors 6502

i think best buy/future shop has some music selling thing and so does Napster...if you're talkin bout viewing your stuff on the ipod with something else their is a winamp plugin
Konradx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store