Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpeezy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
Anyone else having an issue with using the magic mouse or trackpad? When you swipe, it'll move like a 1/4 of an inch and get stuck there. This just started after upgrading to DP5. Cmd-[ and the back button work fine though.

Thanks

Last edited:

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Anyone else having an issue with this using the magic mouse or trackpad? When you swipe, it'll move like a 1/4 of an inch and get stuck there. This just started after upgrading to DP5. Cmd-[ and the back button work fine though.

Thanks

I'm having the same issue. Very odd.

Edit: Seems to be working now.

Last edited:

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2011
London
Yeah, this has been a problem with the Magic Mouse since DP1, however now when I try with the trackpad the whole tab freezes and there's no way to recover it. It seems Safari's getting buggier as time goes by :/

Doesn't always happen though...?

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
With SmartZoom enabled, it tends to just scroll in the direction of my swipe rather than going back or forth. Pretty annoying IMO. Can't do without the SmartZoom either, my vision be damned.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
With SmartZoom enabled, it tends to just scroll in the direction of my swipe rather than going back or forth. Pretty annoying IMO. Can't do without the SmartZoom either, my vision be damned.
I feel the same way. If it's either-or, I choose smart zoom. :(

garagethrash

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
When i swipe backwards the cached image of the pages slides into view, then the page reloads, which is quite jarring and not how i think it's intended to work. this happens in ML for me too. Do you guys get this? It might just be the extra lag of me living in Australia

Also, did anyone else vomit when they opened the new side bar? The background should be the same as the background in the notification center

sik08amg

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2012
Tampa, FL
Only thing I have noticed is that it requires a more consistent swipe (horizontally). In ML, you can swipe almost diagonal. You still can swipe diagonal using the three finger gesture though..

lesliewj

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2013
When i swipe backwards the cached image of the pages slides into view, then the page reloads, which is quite jarring and not how i think it's intended to work. this happens in ML for me too. Do you guys get this? It might just be the extra lag of me living in Australia

Also, did anyone else vomit when they opened the new side bar? The background should be the same as the background in the notification center

Yes the same to me! When I swipe to the previews page, the page will reloads, but it reloads only the first page, from the second page, it works fine to me. And you?

synchrophoenix

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2013
Anyone else having an issue with using the magic mouse or trackpad? When you swipe, it'll move like a 1/4 of an inch and get stuck there. This just started after upgrading to DP5. Cmd-[ and the back button work fine though.

Thanks

This started happening to me today. Resetting PRAM fixed it for me.

joenj07087

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2011
This magically disappeared after I posted this thread. However, it came back yesterday.

I have this problem now when I swipe back with the Magic Mouse...it freezes,,and I have to close Safari and re open again......this started after i installed DP 6..

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2011
London
I have this problem now when I swipe back with the Magic Mouse...it freezes,,and I have to close Safari and re open again......this started after i installed DP 6..

Has swiping back pages been working with your Magic Mouse? Mines been completely unable to do any swiping back and forth since DP1 :(

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Has swiping back pages been working with your Magic Mouse? Mines been completely unable to do any swiping back and forth since DP1 :(

My Mac mini (Late 2012) works just fine swiping back in Safari with the Magic Mouse under DP6 (and under all the other DP's as far as I noticed).

jmaeser82

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
I noticed that issue too. I went in to my mouse settings under System Settings and realized "Swipe Between Pages" was not checked by default. Once checked this feature works fine in Mavericks (Now on final GM).

sagakontinues

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013
I noticed that issue too. I went in to my mouse settings under System Settings and realized "Swipe Between Pages" was not checked by default. Once checked this feature works fine in Mavericks (Now on final GM).

DING! DING! DING! This was my issue! thank you!

Skaught

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2003
Same problem here. Searching for a solution brought me to this thread. Magic Mouse left to right one finger swipe, to go back to previous page in Safari, results in small slide of the page and then it locks. I have to close the window and reopen to get it working again.

Scott

adammgaines

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2013
Tulsa, OK
I'm getting this every time in Safari. Magic mouse and Mavericks (Public release)

Me too, I have to close the tab and reopen it, only fix I found so far. But it is very annoying to mouse up to the back button and click on it to go back. So spoiled.

----------

Also, in Mountain Lion a one finger swipe would dismiss items that pop up in notification center but that has not be working for me.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
I'm getting this same problem and it is pissing me off! Apple's QC has really gone down the drain with new releases.

This affects the basic functionality of the browser. Unacceptable.

Restarting Safari is the only way to fix this ****.

----------

in my settings Swipe between pages is selected. Restarting the mac is the only way for it to go away, but it seems to creep back after a while. This is just ****.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.