Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Aug 8, 2013, 06:35 PM   #1
steve knight
macrumors 65816

Project Pterosaur lets find them and breed them.

This is just too funny for words. Sad too that your beliefs deny reality so much. Sad they have 70% of the funding too so how many idiots does it take to go on a dinosaur hunt?
http://objectiveministries.org/creat...pterosaur.html
Quote:
Mission Statement

The goal of Project Pterosaur is to mount an expedition to locate and bring back to the United States living specimens of pterosaurs or their fertile eggs, which will be displayed in a Pterosaur Rookery that will be the center piece of the planned Fellowship Creation Science Museum and Research Institute (FCSMRI). Furthermore, the rookery facility will establish a breeding colony of pterosaurs in order to produce specimens that could then be put on display by other regional institutions or church groups.

By doing all this, we hope to accomplish three goals:

Support Creation Theory by showing the incorrectness of the philosophy of Evolutionism.
Educate the population about Creation Science.
Create excitement about Creation and the Bible in the public.

I (Dr. Paley) am the founder and Chief Officer of the project. I will also be leading the expedition and acting as Science Liaison to the public. Funding is being provided by Fellowship University, the Fairlight Institute, and donations from wealthy Christian businessmen who wish to remain anonymous at this time.
Why Look For Living Pterosaurs?

Father, son, and Pteva the Pterodactyl
Kids love pterosaurs! Once Project Pterosaur is complete, children's eyes will be opened to the wonder of Creation.

Evolutionists have engaged in a propaganda campaign to trick the public into falsely believing that the Earth is billions of years old and that many animals which lived side-by-side with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden actually died millions of years before humans were created (or "evolved" in their twisted view.) By finding and displaying living examples of what the Evolutionists claim is impossible, we will sow the seeds of Evolutionism doubt, thereby making the public receptive to the truth of the Bible.

While there are other extant creatures which Evolutionists claim have gone extinct long before man, they are not as ideal for our purposes as pterosaurs. Some of the alternatives are:

Apatosaurs: Still live in the jungles of the Congo. They are too large for our planned facilities (and especially for those of the church groups who would wish to borrow them) and breeding would be difficult given their presumably longer life cycle.
Plesiosaurs: Are reported living in many lakes and their carcasses have been found in the oceans by fishermen. However, they are notoriously difficult to find alive and would require a large and expensive aquatic facility to display them.
Trilobites: We know they still live in the oceanic depths from body parts that have been found washed ashore. They would require very expensive submersible vehicles and pressurized display tanks.
Velociraptors: Today terrorize the goat herders of Puerto Rico and are rumored to guard the remains of the Ark on Mt. Ararat. They have become vicious since the Fall as the result of the effects of genetic entropy, making them too dangerous for the sort of interactive public experience we have in mind.

In comparison, pterosaurs are a blessing from the Lord: Many reported living species are of reasonable size, making housing and care affordable; although they've become carnivorous, they should be as trainable as the birds of prey commonly allowed to interact with zoo visitors during bird shows; their life cycle appears to be relatively short, making it easier to establish a productive breeding program; and finally, historical and modern reports of pterosaurs are much more common than any of the other Evolutionistically anomalous cryptids, suggesting that large populations are waiting to be revealed to our increasingly unbelieving world.
Project Outline:

To better understand the project, please study the following chronological outline. By the Grace of the Lord, if all goes according to plan, we should have completed Phase III before this decade is out.

Last edited by SandboxGeneral; Aug 8, 2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Added quote tags
steve knight is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 06:49 PM   #2
niuniu
Banned

Edit: Keeping schtum.

Last edited by niuniu; Aug 8, 2013 at 06:56 PM.
niuniu is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 07:04 PM   #3
AppleCruncher
Banned

Quote:
Velociraptors: Today terrorize the goat herders of Puerto Rico
Uhhh....what? I didn't see any last time I was there.
AppleCruncher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 07:18 PM   #4
chrono1081
macrumors 604

*SMACKS FOREHEAD*

People like this give Christians a bad name (I'm a Christian but please don't lump me in with these people!). I'm sorry but nowhere in the Bible does it ever mention how dinosaurs were created and how long they lived and when they went extinct.

Why do these fringe Christians seem to think they have the answers to all of this and why do they constantly deny what science has proven?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 07:21 PM   #5
steve knight
macrumors 65816

They are terrified science will prove them wrong. They can't deal with any part of the Bible being wrong. So the whole creationism thing is born.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 07:28 PM   #6
chown33
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCruncher View Post
Uhhh....what? I didn't see any last time I was there.
I'm guessing it's the elusive chupacabra.

I've never heard of velociraptors hypothesized as chupacabras, but maybe I don't hang out on the right cryptozoology forums.
chown33 is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 07:37 PM   #7
AppleCruncher
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chown33 View Post
I'm guessing it's the elusive chupacabra.

I've never heard of velociraptors hypothesized as chupacabras, but maybe I don't hang out on the right cryptozoology forums.
chupacabras....got ya there. Nasty buggers. We had to dodge them all the time.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 07:39 PM   #8
localoid
macrumors 68020

Hoaxes and Other B.S.

The "Objective: Christian Ministries" website is an elaborate parody .

It's been "discovered" by various groups on the 'Net at various times, and has fooled a good many Web denizens over the years....

The site is mentioned in the book, Hippo Eats Dwarf: A Field Guide to Hoaxes and Other B.S., e.g., "My vote for the most successful hoax/parody on the Web goes to Objective: Christian Ministries".

Last edited by localoid; Aug 8, 2013 at 07:47 PM.
localoid is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 07:49 PM   #9
AppleCruncher
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by localoid View Post

It's been "discovered" by various groups on the 'Net at various times, and has fooled a good many Web denizens over the years....

The site is mentioned in the book, Hippo Eats Dwarf: A Field Guide to Hoaxes and Other B.S., e.g., "My vote for the most successful hoax/parody on the Web goes to Objective: Christian Ministries".
And it sucks the liberals in every time.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 07:54 PM   #10
steve knight
macrumors 65816

it sucks liberals in because it is so close to the truth. You have heard of the creation museum right? http://creationmuseum.org/ where jesus rode a dinosaur
Old Aug 8, 2013, 07:54 PM   #11
localoid
macrumors 68020

Quote:
It's duped its share of conservatives as well.

At one point in time, a real, honest-to-goodness Christian hosting company was giving the site free Web hosting, apparently because they approved of the site's message and mission.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 08:08 PM   #12
AppleCruncher
Banned

I would go on a adventure to look for a Pterosaur.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 08:17 PM   #13
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono1081 View Post
*SMACKS FOREHEAD*

People like this give Christians a bad name (I'm a Christian but please don't lump me in with these people!). I'm sorry but nowhere in the Bible does it ever mention how dinosaurs were created and how long they lived and when they went extinct.

Why do these fringe Christians seem to think they have the answers to all of this and why do they constantly deny what science has proven?
You question the feasibility of living velociraptors when you referred to your cat as one?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 08:30 PM   #14
splitpea
macrumors 6502a

I was gonna say... That read like something out of the onion...
Old Aug 8, 2013, 08:40 PM   #15
APlotdevice
macrumors 68020

Quote:
People are duped because, sadly, it's not that much of a stretch. There are those who actually believe that living Dinosaurs can still be found in places like the Amazon. Whole books have even been written on the subject.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 08:55 PM   #16
splitpea
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by APlotdevice View Post
People are duped because, sadly, it's not that much of a stretch. There are those who actually believe that living Dinosaurs can still be found in places like the Amazon. Whole books have even been written on the subject.
Living dinosaurs can be found by the dozen on every rooftop and sidewalk in manhattan. We call them pigeons.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 09:19 PM   #17
chown33
macrumors 603

Poe's Law in action:
"Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is utterly impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone won't mistake [it] for the genuine article."
chown33 is online now   4 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:05 PM   #18
chrono1081
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekev View Post
You question the feasibility of living velociraptors when you referred to your cat as one?
Oh no you're right! That means this article IS true! We do have dinosaurs among us!

(Speaking of my velociraptor she's hiding behind my monitor and batting at my hands as I'm typing this

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by localoid View Post

Good to hear this is a hoax however...there are at least three people I'm friends with who believe this exact same kind of thing, no exaggeration.

One guy was trying to tell me there is no proof that the earth is older that 6000 years or that the sun earth revolves around the sun and that dinosaurs have always been spotted but the media covers them up. He's freaking 30 years old and believes this garbage he spews. (We both went to the same ****** high school but it wasn't THAT ****** to the point it denied science.)
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:22 PM   #19
chown33
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono1081 View Post
One guy was trying to tell me there is no proof that the earth is older that 6000 years or that the sun earth revolves around the sun and that dinosaurs have always been spotted but the media covers them up. He's freaking 30 years old and believes this garbage he spews. (We both went to the same ****** high school but it wasn't THAT ****** to the point it denied science.)
I always ask what would constitute proof for them. If the answer is "Nothing, because it would contradict the Bible", or something like that, then no other proof is possible. QED.
chown33 is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 03:35 AM   #20
niuniu
Banned

Spoilsports ruining the fun! That website is a hilarious. So finely tuned that any one article in isolation could be completely real. It's only when you look at the website as a whole does it really kick in that it's a spoof site.

There are equally whacky real Christian sites around. Which is real, and which is the spoof? Damned if I can tell at first glance
Attached Images

niuniu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 03:41 AM   #21
costabunny
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Skype™ to costabunny
do you think they would sponsor me and a group of my peers (read: friends with beer), to tour the world to bring back live unicorns? I read somewhere that they frequent Maui, Bermuda, Hawaii and other tropical paradises.

I am prepared to dedicate years of my life to this monumentous expedition…..

what you think?

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
costabunny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 03:43 AM   #22
decafjava
macrumors 6502a

Wow great site! Yes it's successful because it could be real. I just found out "Triclavianism" is a real thing.

Excellent work.
decafjava is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 07:41 AM   #23
Huntn
macrumors 604

Hilarious! I poked around the site in question and under Member Bios found this tidbit:

Quote:
Wendy Tullar
Wendy Tullar works as a Consumer Rehabilitator and Mall Missionary for Mt. Fellowship Baptist. She is also the regional head of the League of Women Boycotters, and was personally responsible for the removal of cursing Sesame Street dolls from toy stores nationwide in 1998.
Out of curiosity I googled "League of Women Boycotters" and found nothing, then "Dr. Richard Paley & Fellowship University" and found only references to the Hoax Museum and such. The site, although it has email addresses, that I did not check out, has no contact info or address information, curious for a University.

I really wanted to buy a pair of "abstinence shorts" from the Youth Rock Ministry Page, which looks like you can go to their online store and actually purchase items but I was too scared to put in my credit card number...
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 09:38 PM   #24
Hugh
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
Hilarious! I poked around the site in question and under Member Bios found this tidbit:

Out of curiosity I googled "League of Women Boycotters" and found nothing, then "Dr. Richard Paley & Fellowship University" and found only references to the Hoax Museum and such. The site, although it has email addresses, that I did not check out, has no contact info or address information, curious for a University.

I really wanted to buy a pair of "abstinence shorts" from the Youth Rock Ministry Page, which looks like you can go to their online store and actually purchase items but I was too scared to put in my credit card number...
This place fools unknowing undedicated all the time, another site to go is for Delaware Baptist (I don't know the link to their site but they are a fake church that suckers people into it everyday.

Hugh
Old Aug 10, 2013, 04:01 AM   #25
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68040

That's all I need ......... A bunch of Pterosaurs flying around crapping on my car.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues