Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tigro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2012
So I'm trying to connect my iPad running iOS6 to the WiFi in the hotel but it requires additional authentication through webpage login. I click the hotspot, I get the kinda-like-Safari popup but when I put my name and password there, it freezes for about 3-4 minutes only to finally give me a popup saying that there was an error loading the webpage and "a webpage couldn't be loaded through the connection with hotspot. The server stopped responding".

What can I do about it? I can't use any other browser for login as it forces me to use this popped-up Safari and it simply doesn't work. Is there any workaround?

Zerthis

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2013
So I'm trying to connect my iPad running iOS6 to the WiFi in the hotel but it requires additional authentication through webpage login. I click the hotspot, I get the kinda-like-Safari popup but when I put my name and password there, it freezes for about 3-4 minutes only to finally give me a popup saying that there was an error loading the webpage and "a webpage couldn't be loaded through the connection with hotspot. The server stopped responding".

What can I do about it? I can't use any other browser for login as it forces me to use this popped-up Safari and it simply doesn't work. Is there any workaround?

You should ask the staff in the hotel. Depends on what type of hotspot, hardware, etc. I do not know your location, but here in Asia there are plenty of hotels offering Wi-Fi for which you have to use Internet Explorer to be able to login. Doesn't work on tablets and phones etc.

Tigro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2012
Nope, it's not the hotel's fault - both my phone and my notebook connect just fine without any hassle. I believe the javascript scripts controlling the login page may not get along too well with Safari but I can't try any other browser since the pop-upped one is forced on me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.