Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:53 AM   #1
zipur
macrumors 6502

Vote ABC= Anyone But Clinton! She has done Nothing!

Hillary has false credentials and its driving me nuts. Everything she has done was due to her name recognition. She has no real accomplishments, she hasn't created anything. Nothing other than sleeping with Bill a long time ago. Lets face it there are lots of women who can claim that. Now I'm watching the news and they proclaim what a great SoS she was. Really, I mean what did she do?
So if you are a big supporter of Hillary please enlighten me. And please, please please don't point out how historic it would be to have a female president. House wives of (file in the blank) have convinced me otherwise.
zipur is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:55 AM   #2
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipur View Post
Hillary has false credentials and its driving me nuts. Everything she has done was due to her name recognition. She has no real accomplishments, she hasn't created anything. Nothing other than sleeping with Bill a long time ago. Lets face it there are lots of women who can claim that. Now I'm watching the news and they proclaim what a great SoS she was. Really, I mean what did she do?
So if you are a big supporter of Hillary please enlighten me. And please, please please don't point out how historic it would be to have a female president. House wives of (file in the blank) have convinced me otherwise.
What did you do other than post some irrelevant blurb on a message board?

I'm not a fan of Clinton personally, but I don't see the point of this thread? What exactly are we supposed to not vote for her for?

And to say she has no credentials is just ridiculous. She's got a degree from Yale Law School, was a US Senator for 8 years, and Secretary of State for 4 years.

You need to go educate yourself as to how the government works and then you'll be able to figure out the answer as to "what did she do as secretary of state?"
zioxide is offline   11 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:57 AM   #3
yg17
In Time-Out

Quote:
A scripted reality TV show has convinced you that we shouldn't have a woman president? That's pretty pathetic.
yg17 is offline   18 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:01 PM   #4
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
And please, please please don't point out how historic it would be to have a female president. House wives of (file in the blank) have convinced me otherwise.
Confessions of a male chauvinist pig...
Huntn is offline   16 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:03 PM   #5
bradl
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
Confessions of a male chauvinist pig...
The mangina monologues.

BL.
bradl is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:08 PM   #6
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

I think I'll sit this one out. The Squilly thread serves the same purpose.

I'll just add how classy it is to list your wife in your signature with your other possessions.
rdowns is offline   11 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:09 PM   #7
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post

I'll just add how classy it is to list your wife in your signature with your other possessions.
Wise choice. It's an absolute waste of time to try to convince the OP of the merits of HC. Notice I did not try.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:10 PM   #8
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by zioxide View Post

I'm not a fan of Clinton personally, but I don't see the point of this thread?
It's precisely the type of post this forum category invites. Why are you complaining? If opinions like the OP's bother you that's your problem not his or hers.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:13 PM   #9
niuniu
Banned

Why don't you tell us what you've done that outshines Hilary.
niuniu is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:19 PM   #10
MacNut
macrumors P6

Quote:

But she is a peach!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:27 PM   #11
edk99
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Well I will say that she had accomplished more before the 2008 election then the guy that is in office now.
edk99 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:38 PM   #12
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxosx View Post
It's precisely the type of post this forum category invites.
No its not. This forum invites legitimate discussion based on properly sourced facts, not "vote for anyone but clinton because I saw desperate housewives once."

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk99 View Post
Well I will say that she had accomplished more before the 2008 election then the guy that is in office now.
She's 23 years older than him. I would hope that in those 23 extra years would give her a few more accomplishments.
zioxide is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:47 PM   #13
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Whatever happened to that guy who used to post pro-Hillary screed during the 2008 election?
rdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:50 PM   #14
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
No its not. This forum invites legitimate discussion based on properly sourced facts, not "vote for anyone but clinton because I saw desperate housewives once."
You have a very accurate and valid point about "legitimate discussion". In fact it's one of the very reasons I like to participate.

Yet it could also be said that far too many threads no matter what the topic, end up being arguments, fights, or other juvenile displays of poor behavior. Oh well, it's the Internet, say some. An equally true statement
Old Aug 9, 2013, 01:45 PM   #15
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:
House wives of (file in the blank) have convinced me otherwise.
I wouldn't take advice from anyone that uses scripted reality TV as a source of information, especially shows about trophy wives.

Quote:

I didn't even read the signature. Now I'm really sure it's a troll thread.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 01:59 PM   #16
SwiftLives
macrumors Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to SwiftLives
Is now a bad time to point out that Hillary Clinton is not officially running for president? She hasn't announced anything about her intentions in 2016...and already people are freaking out. It's like she's a tech company and all of the analysts are predicting her demise because of unsourced rumors...

Sigh.
SwiftLives is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 03:54 PM   #17
citizenzen
macrumors 65816

Quote:
I'm not a fan of Clinton personally, but I don't see the point of this thread? What exactly are we supposed to not vote for her for?

And to say she has no credentials is just ridiculous. She's got a degree from Yale Law School, was a US Senator for 8 years, and Secretary of State for 4 years.
That pretty well sums it up, though you did not mention her eight years as First Lady, which accounts for something as one gains experience and inside knowledge about how the White House is run and the decision-making process on issues the president president faces, as well as the experience acting as one of the lead diplomats for the nation.

That said, I too am no a great fan of Hillary Clinton, and hope we find another candidate to run in 2016.
citizenzen is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 04:11 PM   #18
noisycats
macrumors 6502a

And folks ask me what I have against Texas...
noisycats is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 04:14 PM   #19
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
How could anyone disagree with the unassailable logic behind the rejection of a woman president. Your obviously in-depth knowledge of all of female humanity, as evidenced by your reference to a TV show, certainly makes the case for avoiding a woman president. Not to mention that once a month, they all go nuts, too. That PMS is a killer, and when they get into that nutso time...well, who knows what those unpredictable females will do. And considering the singularly notable job all the males have done, why would anybody even consider a woman in the job.

OK, enough silliness. While I have no need to defend, or condemn, Clinton...your argument is so full of holes, I wouldn't know where to start a serious critique.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 04:23 PM   #20
niuniu
Banned

Pretty sure this is a hit n run thread

See below - stand corrected

Last edited by niuniu; Aug 9, 2013 at 04:40 PM.
niuniu is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 04:37 PM   #21
zipur
macrumors 6502

Quote:

You need to go educate yourself as to how the government works and then you'll be able to figure out the answer as to "what did she do as secretary of state?"

Every year women graduate from Yale Law, she was a Senator because of her husband, and she was Sec. Of State to appease her for backing out and allowing Pres O to win.

My point was miss stated. What has she done to deserve a movie.
zipur is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 05:02 PM   #22
TedM
macrumors 6502

I don't think Clinton would be a good candidate. We'd have to revisit the Benghazi **** all over again.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 05:12 PM   #23
niuniu
Banned

Quote:
Every year women graduate from Yale Law,
A very small and elite number of women.

Yale Law has 200 students enrolled every year across its courses. Less than half are women.

You could be looking at a mere 50 to 90 women graduates a year from the no.1 Law School in the US.

Good luck trying to belittle that.
niuniu is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 05:33 PM   #24
malman89
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Every year women graduate from Yale Law, she was a Senator because of her husband, and she was Sec. Of State to appease her for backing out and allowing Pres O to win.

My point was miss stated. What has she done to deserve a movie.
Credentials and performance aside, she's lived a pretty exciting life to deserve a 'movie.'

If it's not your cup of tea, then move along.
malman89 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 05:50 PM   #25
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
Every year women graduate from Yale Law,
We need facepalm emoticons. Why would you try to belittle graduating from any Ivy league Law School? Not to mention the fact that in 1973 when she graduated there weren't nearly as many women going to university as there are now.. let alone an Ivy league law school.

Quote:
she was a Senator because of her husband,
Huh? I didn't realize Bill snapped his fingers and made her a Senator. Pretty sure the people of New York voted for her in an election... twice.

Quote:
and she was Sec. Of State to appease her for backing out and allowing Pres O to win.
lmao. Allowing President Obama to win? He beat her in the primaries fair and square... then he beat John McCain, which had nothing to do with Clinton. He picked Clinton as Secretary of State because she was one of the most qualified candidates.

Quote:
What has she done to deserve a movie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_clinton

Start reading.
zioxide is offline   4 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues