Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Aug 9, 2013, 02:06 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Twitter #music App Now Offers New Music Discovery Tools and Personalized Recommendations

Twitter today launched a significant update for its Twitter #music app, adding new music discovery features to allow the service to better compete with other music services like Rdio, Pandora, and Spotify, all of which offer robust content discovery tools.

Users can now listen to an artist's top tracks, listen to similar artists, or listen to artists that a favored artist follows on Twitter. The #music app also includes a function that scans an iPhone's music library in order to make more relevant song and artist suggestions based on past preferences and it takes note of artists that users have tweeted about.
Quote:
What's New in Version 1.2

We've added a bunch of new ways of discovering music. Listen to artist's top tracks, similar artists, and the artists that your favorite artist follows on Twitter.

We also scan your iPhone's music library now to suggest more relevant artists to you. And we show you the artists that you've Tweeted about so you can always get back to them.

Finally, we've localized #music into all of your favorite languages. If you're one of those good looking people living in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, or Switzerland then we've got you covered!
Twitter #music is an iPhone app that can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Twitter #music App Now Offers New Music Discovery Tools and Personalized Recommendations
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 02:37 PM   #2
lars666
macrumors 6502a

Haven't heard from this again since launch... Is anybody out there really using this or is it already a forgotten app? (sincere question – I'm from Europe and can't use it (yet) anyway)

EDIT: Reading the post again, seems like it now works in European countries ...? Will try it out immediately.
lars666 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 03:11 PM   #3
ZacNicholson
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to ZacNicholson
so many music apps.. they all should just join together and make the best music app ever
ZacNicholson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 05:15 PM   #4
heutusops
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacNicholson View Post
so many music apps.. they all should just join together and make the best music app ever
i like the idea, but it can only take place in another world, because here, these guys would die suing each other and fighting for patents.
heutusops is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2013, 05:25 AM   #5
mungo2k
macrumors member

Just tried it, and all you get is 30 second previews with links to iTunes. This is not my method of discovering music. Deleted.
mungo2k is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2013, 05:54 AM   #6
lars666
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mungo2k View Post
Just tried it, and all you get is 30 second previews with links to iTunes. This is not my method of discovering music. Deleted.
If you have a Spotify or Rdio account, it will play the whole songs.
lars666 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2013, 08:06 PM   #7
doug in albq
macrumors 65816

OMG, the app Icon has elements of skeuomorphism...fire the designer quickly, and change it to a flat white background with a black bird, or something.

/sarcasm
Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:09 AM   #8
tobyw7
macrumors regular

Send a message via MSN to tobyw7
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug in albq View Post
OMG, the app Icon has elements of skeuomorphism...fire the designer quickly, and change it to a flat white background with a black bird, or something.

/sarcasm
That's one good looking icon IMO!
tobyw7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion