Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Aug 9, 2013, 03:48 PM   #1

Request to have a mandatory "Kickstarter" subtitle

You may remember me for my request to have a clear indication on whether a game is Windows or Mac compatible. Request granted, and the games forum is now much easier to navigate.

Now I have a second request, following some recent flurry of "kickstarter" games which either do not exist at all or are under development depending on crowdfunding - in fact, a good number of members are tired of seeing the main title of a thread about the "latest and greatest" game, only to find out that it is a request for kickstarter funding or similar crap.

My initial suggestion was to BAN these threads, but of course this may be a bit too harsh - so the simple request is: PLEASE make any new thread subject to new mandatory sub-title options such as "Kickstarter-OS X", "Kickstarter-Windows" or "Kickstarter-Any OS", in addition to the existing "OS X", "Windows" and "OS-neutral".

This way we will all know that those threads are talking about something that relates to vaporware/quasi-vaporware/crowdfunding-dependent game.

Thanks for your kind response on this.
50548 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2013, 08:30 AM   #2
annk
Administrator

Soliciting of funds is specifically prohibited under the forum rules, so we won't be adding a prefix to identify these threads.

We're working on removing them all; please report any you come across.
annk is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2013, 01:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by annk View Post
Soliciting of funds is specifically prohibited under the forum rules, so we won't be adding a prefix to identify these threads.

We're working on removing them all; please report any you come across.
Tks - what is the best way to report them? Directly from the thread concerned?
50548 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2013, 01:42 PM   #4
annk
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLawyer View Post
Tks - what is the best way to report them? Directly from the thread concerned?
Sure, just use the report button on the first post.
annk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback