Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
You may remember me for my request to have a clear indication on whether a game is Windows or Mac compatible. Request granted, and the games forum is now much easier to navigate.

Now I have a second request, following some recent flurry of "kickstarter" games which either do not exist at all or are under development depending on crowdfunding - in fact, a good number of members are tired of seeing the main title of a thread about the "latest and greatest" game, only to find out that it is a request for kickstarter funding or similar crap.

My initial suggestion was to BAN these threads, but of course this may be a bit too harsh - so the simple request is: PLEASE make any new thread subject to new mandatory sub-title options such as "Kickstarter-OS X", "Kickstarter-Windows" or "Kickstarter-Any OS", in addition to the existing "OS X", "Windows" and "OS-neutral".

This way we will all know that those threads are talking about something that relates to vaporware/quasi-vaporware/crowdfunding-dependent game.

Thanks for your kind response on this.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Soliciting of funds is specifically prohibited under the forum rules, so we won't be adding a prefix to identify these threads.

We're working on removing them all; please report any you come across.

Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Soliciting of funds is specifically prohibited under the forum rules, so we won't be adding a prefix to identify these threads.

We're working on removing them all; please report any you come across.

Tks - what is the best way to report them? Directly from the thread concerned?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.