Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

devserv.jpg
After over three weeks of at least partial downtime, Apple has informed developers that all of their developer services are now online. Apple is giving all developers an extension to their developer memberships by one month to account for the downtime. From the email to developers:
We are pleased to let you know that all our developer program services are now online. Your patience during this time was sincerely appreciated.

We understand that the downtime was significant and apologize for any issues it may have caused in your app development. To help offset this disruption, we are extending the membership of all developer teams by one month. If you need any further assistance, please contact us.
Apple's developer center originally went offline abruptly on July 18th. It was later revealed that the developer website had been hacked and that Apple could not rule out some developer information may have been leaked. Apple has been slowly restoring services since that time.

Article Link: All Apple Developer Services Back Online after Hack, Apple Offers Free Month Extension

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Finally...The page shows ALL services running normally including FT which has been woeful for weeks. Downloads from the cloud are still very slow though. We finally finished downloading all our Cloud content to the media server last night ( it's had a re-build, new LB etc ) And it's taken 2 days...:eek: I know Apple's policy is to throttle them back in order to give all a fair crack, but they were faster before the latest outages. I hope things now return to normal.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Glad everything's in working order again. The one-month extension doesn't seem particularly generous — six months would have generated more of a "wow, thanks!" — but it's better than nothing.

Last edited:

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2011
Glad everything's in working order again. The one-month extension doesn't seem particularly generous — six months would have generated more of a "wow, thanks! — but it's better than nothing.

Seriously. One month covers the down time. Even two months would have been better to help migitate some of our losses.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Glad everything is back up and go on them for at least extending accounts for a month (although those 3 weeks really, really sucked). Still would be nice to know exactly what happened, and exactly what was compromised.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
"We've been working around the clock to change our passwords from 'password' to 'newPasswor—nope, not this time!"

Bokito

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2007
Netherlands
Developer Program activation doesn't seem to work yet, hopefully they fix that. My Mac program was activated within minutes before the outage, waiting a few hours already for my iOS program activation now.

ric275

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2011
it should have been 1 month for the downtime + 1 month for the inconvenience

apple is cheap sometimes

Seriously!? We had 3 weeks downtime! An extra month is more than enough to cover it! Is Apple being cheap or are we being greedy??

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Seriously!? We had 3 weeks downtime! An extra month is more than enough to cover it! Is Apple being cheap or are we being greedy??

Not greedy one month of down time and a month for any inconveniences that have arrived from the hacking is more than fair and far from unreasonable.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
cool stuff!!
Apple has to made the developer section up before any developers release iOS 7 compatible apps.

dogcowx

macrumors member
May 19, 2004
Developer Program activation doesn't seem to work yet, hopefully they fix that. My Mac program was activated within minutes before the outage, waiting a few hours already for my iOS program activation now.

Check to make sure your Mac Program renewal is still there. I renewed the day before the outage and now it says I need to renew again. Data loss, anyone?

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
*************, new accounts still ain't working, if you want to register it, you jut get forwarded to "restricted" area's, total BS. A company like Apple spending 3 weeks on "security", I don't buy it. The communication was really really bad, if you asked any questions via mail it took over 1 week to get an automated response. This really pissed me off after being a developer for over 3 years for iOS, it's like they don't even care.

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
It is people like you that make me furious to even go on MacRumors anymore.

your apple stock would not plummet should they have handed out an extra month

moreso, the coolaid you've been drinking has a lasting effect. be reminded that apple is a corporation and apple is the only corporation being forgiven for their missteps...by it's fans

ps
I wouldn't miss you. please feel free to never log-in again. thanks

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
Developer services were down, but apps were still live and earning. 1 month extra seems about right on average. Of course it hurt some more than others, but there are too many accounts to make individual assessments.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.