Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Aug 10, 2013, 08:46 AM   #1
toffbrown
macrumors newbie

Help with getting iPod touch 4G out of Boot loop

hi i have a jailbroken ipod touch 4th gen on 6.0.2 untethered with Evasi0n, i have great knowledge with jailbreaking with redsn0w etc. i installed a tweak called Ac!D and its a tweak that puts siri on your idevice blah blah it said i have to reboot like usual with heavy tweaks but its stuck in a boot loop. i have been able to get out of boot loops before but not this one i have tried using ih8sn0w umbrella Recboot and other third party apps but i can not seem to get it out of the boot loop and i cant put it in DFU mode or Recovery Mode because i have a faulty home button. and when i try to restore with itunes it says My ipod has a passcode on it please unlock to restore but i cant unlock it because in a boot loop which is pretty stupid. i am open for any tips because i am desperate to have my ipod working and i dont care if i loose my stuff because it has uninportant stuff on it!

i have tried holding the volume button to

Desperately Need help Tia

Cheers
toffbrown is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2013, 12:57 PM   #2
iphonedude2008
macrumors regular

If you cant pressed the home button then your screwed. If you can fix your home button, what you need to do is press and hold the home and lock buttons until it shuts off, turns on again, and shuts off again. Then you can go through the normal dfu mode procedures. It works everytime for me on my 4th gen.
iphonedude2008 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2013, 07:56 PM   #3
toffbrown
macrumors newbie

theres no third party apps to help or anything cause im sick of opening my ipod up its had like 4 screen repairs
Old Aug 11, 2013, 02:05 PM   #4
anaqvi786
macrumors regular

Use redsn0w, select iOS 6.0 firmware, and click on pwned dfu mode.
anaqvi786 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2013, 04:09 AM   #5
toffbrown
macrumors newbie

dont i need home button to work to get into any DFU state

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch