Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hayleywow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
UK
Hi Guy

I have been working all day today and noticed when I plug in a USB device that HAS external power my external screen that my MBP is connected to goes off off a split second or I will get a kinda "White Noise" pic.

It happens everytime I plug in a USB device with External Power... HDD that don't require external power seem fine.

Any ideas?

Hay

nickandre21

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
I think you should get this checked by Apple if you are still in warranty, something seems not right it should not do that. Im guessing you tried other externally power drives as well

hayleywow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
UK
I think you should get this checked by Apple if you are still in warranty, something seems not right it should not do that. Im guessing you tried other externally power drives as well

Exactly the same thing happened to my friends mbp using the same USB device, only flickers when connected to external display, unplugging the display and the USB is fine.. I'm thinking its either my external screen or the USB device

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.