Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mossme89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
I have a late 2008 MacBook Pro Unibody that I'm having issues with. I have been playing games on it since probably 11 or 12. I've done that before and never had issues. Anyway, I take it off the charger for a few minutes and it randomly shuts off. I plugged it back in and I can't seem to get it to turn on. The LED indicators show that it's charging and my battery has only 1 flashing star, but it won't turn on.

Hoping I didn't fry my graphics card or logic board. It did get pretty hot but has never been an issue before.

smittyzz

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2013
I have a late 2008 MacBook Pro Unibody that I'm having issues with. I have been playing games on it since probably 11 or 12. I've done that before and never had issues. Anyway, I take it off the charger for a few minutes and it randomly shuts off. I plugged it back in and I can't seem to get it to turn on. The LED indicators show that it's charging and my battery has only 1 flashing star, but it won't turn on.

Hoping I didn't fry my graphics card or logic board. It did get pretty hot but has never been an issue before.

i just bought a 2009 mbp 15 inch 3.06ghz off ebay that the op didnt know it was the logic board, it still starts up but was glitching out bad, on the integrated if the laptop had a slight bend the screen would go out and the dedicated one would glitch out and turn green tinted
took it apart and cooked it once with a hair drier didnt work the first time was pissed tore it back apart again and heated it for 5 minutes 2 on low 3 on high both chips, and it worked for a half hour so i got pretty pissed so being 1 am i went to bed to wake up and bake the crap out of it.
woke up pissed so i tore it apart once again and went into the bathroom and put the blow drier on full blast for ten minutes each chip (mind you dont touch the board or your skins gone!) seemed to do the trick been going strong for 9+ hours!!

If it already wont turn on why not try it? you have nothing to loose and ive heard of people ressurecting dead macbooks before.
just my 2 cents

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.