Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henry72

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand

Attachments

• screen-shot-2013-07-22-at-3-07-47-pm.png
    screen-shot-2013-07-22-at-3-07-47-pm.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 275

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
It's still just speculative though....I'm sporting a nearly new rMBP 13" and am saving for my wedding, so this will be one refresh I am skipping out on. KGI could be right, but In my opnion? I think the refresh is more likely to,occur atmthemsame time as the new phone.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Sweet!

Hopefully, by the time I am ready to by my iMac late November, they will have refurbished Haswell based iMacs. :)

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
I'm disappointed in Kuo. He was very good last year. This year he seems to be scattershotting every possibility so that one will be right.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
It's still just speculative though....I'm sporting a nearly new rMBP 13" and am saving for my wedding, so this will be one refresh I am skipping out on. KGI could be right, but In my opnion? I think the refresh is more likely to,occur atmthemsame time as the new phone.
Actually some of us are thinking that most Mac upgrades will be with or shortly after Mavericks is released.

I'm thinking Apple won't update the iPhone and Macs at the same time as an iPhone update tends to swamp the Apple Store website.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
it would be nice if Miss Kuo is right

for an update in late August...while the Mavericks release makes complete sense for the rMBPs, not sure if it does for iMacs since the Haswell chip won't make much difference in the desktop. And it would be nice for students to have another Mac option to purchase before the Back to School promotion ends.

I'd rather have the Mac releases staggered than all at once. We're waiting on the Mac Pro, rMBPs, iMacs and the Minis.

Realistically though, I think the folks here who are calling everything being updated at the same time as Mavericks are probably right. :(

fig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Eventually someone has to be right with their iMac prediction.

I agree that it'll be coming in late August, or after Mavericks releases, or in November/December, or sometime in 2014.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
This is really annoying Apple has yet to announce any of their products (besides the Macbook Air). I got a gut feeling that this years iMac will be overlooked by iOS devices like the new iPad and the new iPhone. Much like Mavericks was overlooked by iOS7.

Johnny Vegas

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2011
I doubt Apple will release anything before the iPhone event September 10th. If they do it will be imminent, and we haven't heard any rumors to support this.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Before an imminent release, there would be vague rumors about parts, leaks and all that. Not as intensive as an iPhone/iPad release would because iMac is not exactly "popular".

But there would be rumors how little they are.

Sputnek

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Florida - Ohio
Before an imminent release, there would be vague rumors about parts, leaks and all that. Not as intensive as an iPhone/iPad release would because iMac is not exactly "popular".

But there would be rumors how little they are.

I agree, we can hope as much as we want, but realistically expect Q4 2013 or Q1 2014.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
This is really annoying Apple has yet to announce any of their products (besides the Macbook Air). I got a gut feeling that this years iMac will be overlooked by iOS devices like the new iPad and the new iPhone. Much like Mavericks was overlooked by iOS7.

Apple only announces new products if they are, like - new. The iMac will be just a minor update, nothing 'new'. Same for rMBP. And I don't see how Mavericks was overlooked by iOS7?

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Apple only announces new products if they are, like - new. The iMac will be just a minor update, nothing 'new'. Same for rMBP. And I don't see how Mavericks was overlooked by iOS7?

How come they announced the MBA? It's only a "minor" update and nothing "new" after all..?

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
How come they announced the MBA? It's only a "minor" update and nothing "new" after all..?

Correct me if I am wrong, but they were not 'announced', they were actually released with immediate availability. An announcement for me means 'the product will be available at some point later'. Besides, there are some major new features which are well worth an announcement - like the 12h battery.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ

They felt the crazy battery life was worth putting it on stage for, and indeed that's pretty much the whole point of Haswell. As an added bonus they got to talk about improved SSD speeds.

I have no doubt there will be an iMac update in the fall, and it will just be a silent press release with immediate availability.

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Correct me if I am wrong, but they were not 'announced', they were actually released with immediate availability. An announcement for me means 'the product will be available at some point later'. Besides, there are some major new features which are well worth an announcement - like the 12h battery.

They felt the crazy battery life was worth putting it on stage for, and indeed that's pretty much the whole point of Haswell. As an added bonus they got to talk about improved SSD speeds.

I have no doubt there will be an iMac update in the fall, and it will just be a silent press release with immediate availability.

Well those "features" you talk about aren't new, they are just - like you previously said about the Haswell iMac update - improvements.

iMac will also have improved SSD speed, 802.11ac, better GPU - at least. Then we don't know if they have more things up their sleeve.

I still don't see the difference nor why they would give MBA stage time for these updates but not the iMac. Silent updates, for me, are for minor processor updates or alike - like they did with the rMBP.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I still don't see the difference nor why they would give MBA stage time for these updates but not the iMac. Silent updates, for me, are for minor processor updates or alike - like they did with the rMBP.

Because the MBA is an Apple top seller, and the iMac probably sells the least of all their OS X-based systems.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Not sure why people keep linking OS X releases to new Macs. The two don't necessarily have to coincide. In fact for the most part they haven't in the past from what I recall.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
I doubt Apple will release anything before the iPhone event September 10th. If they do it will be imminent, and we haven't heard any rumors to support this.

Yes. We are rapidly approaching the iPhone halo time. Apple is not going to do anything to distract from the iPhone. October is the earliest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.