Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Aug 11, 2013, 05:54 AM   #1
Appl3FTW
macrumors 65816

will there be an unlocked version of the 5s...

will there be one unlocked version of the 5S that will work with both Att and tmobile off the factory (i.e. with AWS for tmobile)? or there will be 2 different unlocked versions? im still under att and im thinking if i should just buy the "unlocked" phone if it supports both factory. this way, when im ready to jump to tmobile, i won't have to worry. now the question is, will the unlocked versions get released on release date? since we know the older ones had like a month or so delay after the subsidized phones were released.
Appl3FTW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 06:00 AM   #2
Apple fanboy
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appl3FTW View Post
will there be one unlocked version of the 5S that will work with both Att and tmobile off the factory (i.e. with AWS for tmobile)? or there will be 2 different unlocked versions? im still under att and im thinking if i should just buy the "unlocked" phone if it supports both factory. this way, when im ready to jump to tmobile, i won't have to worry. now the question is, will the unlocked versions get released on release date? since we know the older ones had like a month or so delay after the subsidized phones were released.
In the UK you could buy an unlocked iPhone 5 on launch day (which I did). I also did that with the 4. I guess only Apple will know the answer to this in your country, but I doubt they will tell you prior to the announcement.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 06:35 AM   #3
Gav2k
macrumors 601

I think it's about time apple made another 'world phone'
Gav2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 08:33 AM   #4
Appl3FTW
macrumors 65816

im in the US.. hopefully, it's unlocked that could support att/tmobile.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 08:50 AM   #5
CEmajr
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appl3FTW View Post
Since Apple replaced the old AT&T and unlocked models of the iPhone 5 with models that have AWS support for Tmobile, I think it's safe to say the 5S will likely have AWS support on the unlocked models sold in the US as well.

Whether or not Apple will sell the unlocked model on release day is the question though since they usually wait about a month later to release them. Probably at the request of the carriers.
CEmajr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:25 AM   #6
Appl3FTW
macrumors 65816

Hopefully... Cuz when u go to their site they have unlocked iPhones and tmobile iPhones. Then again maybe because the tmobile are courier locked until u pay them off but functionality wise should be the same. Hopefully that's how it is.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone