Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buughost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
NY/MA
i've had my powerbook for about 2 weeks and for some reason it wont turn on now. it was fine last night, then i go to turn it on and nothing happens. and when i plug the power cable into it, the little light on the cable doesn't even turn on. help anyone?

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
try jiggling the power socket around a bit, where it meets you laptop. Maybe it's just a loose connection (why it's not lighting up and delivering power) and your battery is probably dead (push on the small button on the battery and see if any of the leds light up) therefore nothing for start up. You might want to contact apple about this, as if it's only a couple of weeks old, it's not really something that you should have to be worrying about (ie get it replaced).

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
I'd be calling apple for a replacement. Maybe someone else here will know of a few potential fixes, or what the problem actually is, I would guess a logic/mother board problem but what do I know. Sh*tty. Hopefully the repair/replacement is easy and not painful (time or $)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.