Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacOSXuser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Toronto
How to remove the orange pylon icon at the top right corner?
Thanks

2z7im4j.png

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
There are two ways...

1) Right click the toolbar there, click customize, and then drag the VLC icon off.

or

2) Press and hold command key and then drag off the icon.

MacOSXuser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Toronto
Thanks man i used the second method.

How about the dock? We used to be able to drag any application in the dock out, now i tried the command+drag, this don't work for dock. Any idea?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Thanks man i used the second method.

How about the dock? We used to be able to drag any application in the dock out, now i tried the command+drag, this don't work for dock. Any idea?

For any icon on the Dock, just drag it away from the Dock and hold it there for a second or two before letting go. It will remove it from the Dock. Of course, this won't work on an app that's currently running. Quit the app, then do the above.

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
From the dock you simply drag it out. Though first you have to make sure the application is shut down and not running, then drag the application icon up from the dock (sometimes you need to drag it quite far up or around the screen I've found). You'll then notice the little trash/poof icon below your cursor while you are holding the application, let go and the icon will disappear off the dock.

MacOSXuser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Toronto
For any icon on the Dock, just drag it away from the Dock and hold it there for a second or two before letting go. It will remove it from the Dock. Of course, this won't work on an app that's currently running. Quit the app, then do the above.

ha! clever! thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.