Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 11, 2013, 05:44 PM   #1
Barkev1992
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
How to delete movie off iPhone 5 in iOS 7?

I don't know if it is a bug but I can't find any information on it. I could really use the 2GB this movie (The Avenger's) is taking up. I never downloaded it to my iPhone. I just remember seeing The Avengers and The Hunger Games in my movies through the Cloud on their own. And then one day I noticed even when not on Wifi I still had the Avengers and I couldn't delete it.

I know it is taking up storage because out of nowhere 2GB went missing. And when I added up the rest of the apps storage, 2.xx GB is missing. In my usage, the Video section says it contains no data.

I am attaching pictures of what I see and I do not know how to remove it. Swiping left or right does nothing.

If anyone can help me I would be extremely grateful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	itunesmovie.png
Views:	120
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	427897   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.PNG
Views:	95
Size:	420.3 KB
ID:	427898   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.PNG
Views:	65
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	427899  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.PNG
Views:	58
Size:	690.8 KB
ID:	427900  
Barkev1992 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 05:45 PM   #2
jav6454
macrumors G5
 
jav6454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Unsync it using iTunes.
__________________
Al MacBook 2.4GHz Late '08 | 5 S⃣ | Macross Click Me
jav6454 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 05:49 PM   #3
bbfc
macrumors 68020
 
bbfc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Gosforth, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkev1992 View Post
I don't know if it is a bug but I can't find any information on it. I could really use the 2GB this movie (The Avenger's) is taking up. I never downloaded it to my iPhone. I just remember seeing The Avengers and The Hunger Games in my movies through the Cloud on their own. And then one day I noticed even when not on Wifi I still had the Avengers and I couldn't delete it.

I know it is taking up storage because out of nowhere 2GB went missing. And when I added up the rest of the apps storage, 2.xx GB is missing. In my usage, the Video section says it contains no data.

I am attaching pictures of what I see and I do not know how to remove it. Swiping left or right does nothing.

If anyone can help me I would be extremely grateful.
Have a look in Settings > Video and uncheck 'Show All Videos'. This will only show videos that are synced to your device and not iCloud.

iTunes purchases/downloads don't count towards your iCloud 5GB limit.
__________________
MacBook Pro (Early 2011), 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM, OS X Yosemite | iPhone 5 16GB White, iOS 8.1.1
bbfc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 05:50 PM   #4
Ann P
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Can't you just un-sync it from iTunes? Just click on Anthony's iPhone, go into the Movies section, uncheck that movie and then sync.
Ann P is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 05:52 PM   #5
Barkev1992
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jav6454 View Post
Unsync it using iTunes.
How would I go about doing this?

When I go to my iPhone and click the Movies tab, it appears that I am not synced. I don't want to have to delete anything, but I remember I synced my iPhone with this current computer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	itunesmovie3.png
Views:	205
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	427902  
Barkev1992 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 05:55 PM   #6
Barkev1992
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfc View Post
Have a look in Settings > Video and uncheck 'Show All Videos'. This will only show videos that are synced to your device and not iCloud.

iTunes purchases/downloads don't count towards your iCloud 5GB limit.
I already had that unchecked. If I check it, it shows the Hunger Games as well.

I know the movie is on my phone because I am using LTE, not wifi.
Barkev1992 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 05:59 PM   #7
bbfc
macrumors 68020
 
bbfc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Gosforth, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkev1992 View Post
I already had that unchecked. If I check it, it shows the Hunger Games as well.

I know the movie is on my phone because I am using LTE, not wifi.
It looks like the movie is not actually on your device.

It's odd because there is a cloud on the thumbnail (bottom right corner) that shows that it is in the cloud and not on your phone. Have you tried restarting the phone? Reset all settings?
__________________
MacBook Pro (Early 2011), 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM, OS X Yosemite | iPhone 5 16GB White, iOS 8.1.1
bbfc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 06:26 PM   #8
Barkev1992
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfc View Post
It looks like the movie is not actually on your device.

It's odd because there is a cloud on the thumbnail (bottom right corner) that shows that it is in the cloud and not on your phone. Have you tried restarting the phone? Reset all settings?
Restarted multiple times. Just reset all settings and when I unchecked "Show All Videos" it is still there, meaning it was downloaded to my iPhone.

I need as much memory as possible because I am going on vacation and will be taking many pictures and videos and I really need the 2GB this movie is taking up free.

I would go to the Apple Store but they don't work with iOS7 do they?
Barkev1992 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 07:50 PM   #9
Donka
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Scotland
Go into iTunes, check sync movies and sync; you only need to sync one movie, not them all. Now uncheck and sync again and see if that removes it.
Donka is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:51 PM   #10
skrjboone
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Step Backwards

A few years ago iOS would not allow you to delete Movies or TV shows directly from your device. When they added this feature it was wonderful! So many of us download movies or TV shows OTA, and were prevented from doing this because a watched movie was sitting there taking up over a GB of space. Up until this week we could delete movies on the go. I sure hope Apple adds the feature back!
skrjboone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 01:08 PM   #11
skrjboone
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Never Mind

Actually, Apple just changed the direction of the swipe to delete the movie or TV show. You now swipe to the left. I have settled back down now! Crisis averted.
skrjboone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2013, 03:52 PM   #12
Spideywebs
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
If you go to settings, then general, then usage and movies you can delete it that way. I had one movie and it would not let me swipe to delete.
Spideywebs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2013, 04:35 PM   #13
AppleFanatic10
macrumors 68020
 
AppleFanatic10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles but missing San Diego </3
Send a message via AIM to AppleFanatic10 Send a message via Skype™ to AppleFanatic10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkev1992 View Post
How would I go about doing this?

When I go to my iPhone and click the Movies tab, it appears that I am not synced. I don't want to have to delete anything, but I remember I synced my iPhone with this current computer.
You have the best movies! Plus I'm loving that Chris Brown mix!!!
__________________
White Unibody MacBook, 2.4GHz, 1TB HD, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.9.4
iPad Mini 1Gen 16GB
iP6 SG 16GB 9/30/2014
RIP Grandma 5/10/1930 - 9/24/2012
AppleFanatic10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyway to delete saved Messages on iPhone on iOS 7? Mr. RPG iOS 7 25 Nov 14, 2014 10:27 AM
how to delete one photo from one album iPhone 5 iOS 6.1 jailbroken madcoderz iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 1 Sep 29, 2013 07:52 PM
iPhone 4S on iOS 5.1.1, need to reset and delete everything rak007 iPhone 3 Sep 28, 2013 12:55 PM
iPhone ewon't delete emails when I delete them on my MacBook and I macs. johnstonimages iCloud and Apple Services 3 Mar 12, 2013 11:00 PM
iPhone: How can I delete ios 6.0.1 from my iphone ???? FatPuppy Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 9 Dec 22, 2012 08:52 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC