Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 13, 2013, 02:54 AM   #1
urbanmojo
macrumors member

Renaming a partition on the Mac

Recently my macbook pro was fried so I've bought a new MacBook Pro and restored from a Time Machine backup on a GoFlex NAS. I had been backing up two partitions, a system partition with apps and a data partition. I was able to restore the system partition using the Migration Assistant, and had to move the files from the data partition manually by opening up SparseBundle.

Issue is I want to rename the 2nd partition to what it was on the old machine. It won't let me because it created a folder with the same name as the old partition. It keeps appending a "1" to the end of the partition name. I want to rename it because some applications on the system partition reference files on the data partition. Even if I deleted that folder I can't rename the 2nd partition to what it was before (i am using "Get Info" to try to rename it in Finder).

The macbook is running Mountain Lion.

How to do?
urbanmojo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion