Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
I recently bought a MBA 11 which came with a complimentary screen protector. The text now looks a less clear as the protector is of the non glare variety. My questions: Are there any good screen protectors around? Should I remove it altogether as a screen protector may not be needed at all? Thank you.

Last edited:

jadAce

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2013
Unless you work in an environment where there is a lot of dust and debris, in my humble opinion, a screen protector wouldn't really be necessary.
If you are using the screen protector because you are worried about the keyboard touching the screen when you close the MacBook, two things:
1) The MacBook Air has "built-in" protection - the bezel is constructed in such a way so that they keys do not really heavily touch the screen (unless you put something heavy on the top of a closed MacBook Air, which should not be done).
2) You can always clean the screen using the microfiber cloth.

That being said, if you would still really like to have a screen protector, I saw the MegaGear Screen Protector for the MacBook Air (just search on Amazon), and it had pretty good reviews.

I hope that helps!

polee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Unless you work in an environment where there is a lot of dust and debris, in my humble opinion, a screen protector wouldn't really be necessary.
If you are using the screen protector because you are worried about the keyboard touching the screen when you close the MacBook, two things:
1) The MacBook Air has "built-in" protection - the bezel is constructed in such a way so that they keys do not really heavily touch the screen (unless you put something heavy on the top of a closed MacBook Air, which should not be done).
2) You can always clean the screen using the microfiber cloth.

That being said, if you would still really like to have a screen protector, I saw the MegaGear Screen Protector for the MacBook Air (just search on Amazon), and it had pretty good reviews.

I hope that helps!

Thank you. This really helps. I have decided that not having a screen protector is best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.