Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

betaclone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
I have an iPhone 5 and a me.com account which I migrated to iCloud a few years ago. All data I enter either on my macbook or through icloud.com pushes to my iPhone instantly. But any new contacts or calendar events I add on my iPhone do NOT push to iCloud. I have deleted and reinstalled my account on the phone half a dozen times and double checked every setting. Everything seems to be set up correctly. Any ideas?

alexrmc92

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2013
I have an iPhone 5 and a me.com account which I migrated to iCloud a few years ago. All data I enter either on my macbook or through icloud.com pushes to my iPhone instantly. But any new contacts or calendar events I add on my iPhone do NOT push to iCloud. I have deleted and reinstalled my account on the phone half a dozen times and double checked every setting. Everything seems to be set up correctly. Any ideas?

Do you have any other accounts on these device? Gmail / Work Email / Etc...

The iPhone will pull contacts from multiple accounts, but it only pushes information to one. Make sure the contacts switch is turned on in the iCloud settings and set to off for all of your other accounts

betaclone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Do you have any other accounts on these device? Gmail / Work Email / Etc...

The iPhone will pull contacts from multiple accounts, but it only pushes information to one. Make sure the contacts switch is turned on in the iCloud settings and set to off for all of your other accounts

Nope. Just the iCloud account and all of the sync switches are set to ON.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
In the Contacts app is there a "Groups" button in the top left and, if so, what do you see when you touch it? Likewise for the Calendar app and a "Calendars" button.

betaclone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
I don't really use Notes so I gave it a shot. Nope. Don't sync.

In everything - Contacts, Calendar, Notes - all of my iCloud groups are checked. Again, if I make a new entry on the web or from my macbook it syncs to the phone no problem so the phone is definitely seeing the iCloud account. It just isn't SENDING any information to iCloud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.