Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BJonson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
These are the products apple should have made or should make. If apple made these products they would explode and crush all competitors. Why doesn't apple make these products.

5" iphone with removable battery and SD card slot
This phone would crush all other phones and put google right out of business. Apple refuses.

The Macintosh

A computer with a single non-xeon processor. Regular fast ram, 1 dvd drive and 4 hard drives. Make it smaller than the mac pro (old one) and put a fast video card in it. Make it affordable. This computer would open up mac games and kill dell and HP overnight. Why won't they make this? The mini is too slow, the mac pro is too expensive, the imac sucks.

Apple TV that plays games with controller
Stick the iphone parts in this little miracle and watch the itunes profits soar. Everyone would buy one and it would be an overnight hit.

Apple iWatch
Make this watch bluetooth connected with wifi so it can talk to your iphone and mac. Allow different skin downloads from itunes and you bet your butt you will be wearing one.

Better Monitors
Give me a 24" apple monitor with anti-glare and I will throw my dell away. Lack of good monitors is apples big problem. I don't want a huge 27" with glossy screen. Suck it.

128GB in iphone and ipod touch
Really? Can't put more space in these products? It's 2013 for sakes.

Better business software
Get in the game apple. Make an oracle competitor. Make a google email competitor. Make a microsoft office competitor. If apple had GOOD alternatives to these products they would exist in the workplace and not be the computer that the graphics guy uses. The lack of software options keeps them out of business and that is the business that made Oracle, google and microsoft rich beyond their wildest dreams.

I wish I ran apple. I would take down every industry tomorrow. Its so easy. Wake up apple.

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
There is a need for a non-glossy display in lower resolutions, but there are plenty of other people making alternatives, like Dell.

I'd love a machine that sits between a Pro and an iMac/Mini that would allow upgrade of RAM, installation of a decent graphics card and space for a couple of hard drives/SSDs and an optical drive. Never going to happen though.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Skate to where the puck used to be.

I love Macs but introducing a computer from 2005 would just be Apple competing in that race to the bottom. Let Dell and HP put themselves out of business. They are doing a pretty good job of it on their own.

I do wish Apple had better stand alone displays. All they have is one 27" glossy ACD. Maybe 4K displays in a small range of sizes could be profitable for Apple for a while. But like the enterprise, it seems Apple is happy to leave these crumbs to the likes of NEC, Eizo, Dell, HP, etc.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
These are the products apple should have made or should make. If apple made these products they would explode and crush all competitors. Why doesn't apple make these products.

5" iphone with removable battery and SD card slot
This phone would crush all other phones and put google right out of business. Apple refuses.

The Macintosh

A computer with a single non-xeon processor. Regular fast ram, 1 dvd drive and 4 hard drives. Make it smaller than the mac pro (old one) and put a fast video card in it. Make it affordable. This computer would open up mac games and kill dell and HP overnight. Why won't they make this? The mini is too slow, the mac pro is too expensive, the imac sucks.

Stick the iphone parts in this little miracle and watch the itunes profits soar. Everyone would buy one and it would be an overnight hit.

Apple iWatch
Make this watch bluetooth connected with wifi so it can talk to your iphone and mac. Allow different skin downloads from itunes and you bet your butt you will be wearing one.

Better Monitors
Give me a 24" apple monitor with anti-glare and I will throw my dell away. Lack of good monitors is apples big problem. I don't want a huge 27" with glossy screen. Suck it.

Better business software
Get in the game apple. Make an oracle competitor. Make a google email competitor. Make a microsoft office competitor. If apple had GOOD alternatives to these products they would exist in the workplace and not be the computer that the graphics guy uses. The lack of software options keeps them out of business and that is the business that made Oracle, google and microsoft rich beyond their wildest dreams.

I wish I ran apple. I would take down every industry tomorrow. Its so easy. Wake up apple.

1. SD cards are old news. Even android phones don't really use them anymore. Apple wants to push you to their cloud service anyway. The removable battery also wouldn't matter if the just put a decent one in to start with.

2. Apple doesn't want to do upgradable machines, its better for them that you buy a new one. Build a hackintosh if that's what you want.

3.no comment

4. Sounds like they're already making one. I can't for the life of me see why.

5. There are others out there that already do professional grade monitors. They're expensive enough without apple trying to profit off them. Not worth it.

6. Again, pushing their cloud service.

7. Maybe the only point on your list I agree with. Their office software is a joke (except keynote) and this is something that isn't going away for a while. Id imagine they've tried though, and realised its not profitable to compete there when their computers aren't widely used in business in the first place.

To sum up, I think we're all pretty glad you don't run Apple. The products you've listed range from niche to unprofitable and not much further. With the time it takes to develop new products, you're already a few years behind by the time you get these out the door.

.eric

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2013
I hope iWatch doesn't happen. Sounds like such a stupid device.

iPod/iPod touch, how much longer can they last?

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I dont know.....

about trolling......But that I know, nothing is too easy as seems.....

Would like to see better standalone displays too. Or at least, more options. Also would like to see bigger Fusion drives or more affordable, better GPUs in desktop Macs and not FireWire to vanish/dead.....And on top of that, world peace, but Apple cant do it......:D

:):apple:

derbladerunner

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2005
I hope iWatch doesn't happen. Sounds like such a stupid device.

iPod/iPod touch, how much longer can they last?

That's why iWatch probably makes sense, it can replace the aging iPod line over time.

----------

I don't think OP was trolling:

Apple iWatch

I can see these two ideas actually happening over the next few months/years. iWatch looks quite certain to come in 2014 according to Bloomberg:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...ce-smartphone-like-wristwatch-next-month.html

They usually have solid sources.

As for the rest of the product ideas listed, hmmm, no ;)

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
the imac sucks

Apple iWatch

I dont think the iMac sucks, its a great computer from what I hear.

With iOS7 I hear apple is opening the doors to the BT gaming controllers, so this is something that will most probably happen with the Apple TV also.

Seriously? with all the rumors going around, you dont think they are producing an iWatch? I think one of the reasons they changed the iPod nano design back was so they can focus on a separate watch concept.

With the 128GB iPad 4 making its surprise appearance, the iPhone and iPods are likely to follow suit (this year even).

BJonson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
LOL. Gold iphone. I bet you all wish I ran the company now. Haha. You can mark the 128gb option off of my list too.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Yeah you do.

Mmmm nope. Last I checked, I made my decision. Your opinions arent the reflection of everybody's. Im considering getting the gold version of my next iPhone. Ive kind of grown tired of black and white, I'd like to give the new one a try.

If you ran Apple, we'd all be on the Google train :]

BJonson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Mmmm nope. Last I checked, I made my decision. Your opinions arent the reflection of everybody's. Im considering getting the gold version of my next iPhone. Ive kind of grown tired of black and white, I'd like to give the new one a try.

If you ran Apple, we'd all be on the Google train :]

You would get the Gold one. Get the 128gb one too and prove me right. I'll keep an eye out for your posts.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
You would get the Gold one. Get the 128gb one too and prove me right. I'll keep an eye out for your posts.

128GB phone? Not for me, sorry. I can live with 8GB :p But go ahead, stalk me I have nothing to hide.

p.s. Even if I did get one, doesnt mean Id want you running Apple :]

BJonson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
You all would buy every one of my products and you know it. You would also say how great I am and how much you love me. :D

Next order of business, stick a laser pointer on the new iphone. YES!

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
The 5C will only come with 16GB and the 5S will come with 32 / 64 /128 GB.
8GB will not be an option.

Ummm, I never said it was @_@ I said I was fine with 8

----------

You all would buy every one of my products and you know it. You would also say how great I am and how much you love me. :D

Next order of business, stick a laser pointer on the new iphone. YES!

Well technically "your products" are those that Apple, according to you, "wont produce". The only issue is that it seems like Apple is producing some of them with you nowhere near it. So... Yeah... Apple can pretty much handle themselves :p

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.