Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The NFL football season is upon us, which means it's time again for MR Fantasy Football. Due to an overwhelming response from forum members this year we have expanded to three leagues.

This thread will be for the Mac OS League and includes the following team owners:

Macrumors Mac OS League:

OSX Division
  • wvuwhat - Team Joe Buck Yourself
  • fireshot91 - Team Fireshot
  • ucfgrad93 - Team Colorado Jackalopes
  • gibbz - Team Gibbs Free Energy
  • einmusiker - Team Green Bay CheeseChamps

iOS Division
  • rhett7660 - Team The Horse Wranglers
  • stonyc - Team AA Chunzilla
  • lunaoso - Team WHO DEY!?
  • rick snagwell - Team Go Chargers
  • mscriv - Team mscriv

The draft is scheduled for 8/27/13 at 9:00 PM US Central Time.

Draft Order
  1. ucfgrad93
  2. rick snagwell
  3. lunaoso
  4. mscriv
  5. rhett7660
  6. stonyc
  7. wvuwhat
  8. einmusiker
  9. gibbz
  10. fireshot91

The league is active and invitations have been sent out via email. Please join the league and ensure that you can access your team. If you have any questions or problems let me know. Don't wait until the last minute to check your team and mess up the draft for everyone else. Make sure everything is working as it's supposed to and let me know if something is wrong.

If you are playing in the Founders League then please click here for the 2013 season thread.

If you are playing in the Hardware League then please click here for the 2013 season thread.

All the best to everyone. Have a great season and don't get mad at the end when I'm holding the trophy! :D

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Hey everyone,

I've sent PM's to the remaining veterans to inquire about their desire to play in the league this year. If you see any of them around the forum then tell them to let us know about their playing status.

For those vets who have already confirmed their spot, please double check that you can still log into the leage and have access to your team. By default ESPN's system shows all previous owners as "joined", but I want to make sure everyone has access. After you have confirmed your ability to get into the leage please post up in here to let me know.

Thanks.

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
I'm definitely in. However, the only draft dates that will work for me are August 19/20/27/28 or September 2-4.

I'm in the midst of my mid-20's "every one I know is getting married" phase.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I'm definitely in. However, the only draft dates that will work for me are August 19/20/27/28 or September 2-4.

There is a way to let ESPN auto pick for you. I may have to do that this year, as I am traveling that weekend and don't know if I'll have internet access at the time of the draft.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Make sure if you are not going to be available or if you think you might sleep through it (like I did last year) make sure to set the auto-draft as it will speed up the draft for those who are doing it live!!!!

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
I have common courtesy.

I'm not going to auto-pick, even if I've set up my auto-pick strategy.

If any of these dates don't work, I have no problem bowing out, even though I really like this league.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas

Okay, let me throw this out there then and see about other's availability. What if we targeted Tuesday night August 27th for the draft? Who does that work for and who knows they couldn't make it that night?

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Okay, let me throw this out there then and see about other's availability. What if we targeted Tuesday night August 27th for the draft? Who does that work for and who knows they couldn't make it that night?

That works for me.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Just as a brief aside, the Premier League season starts over here tomorrow and with it the MacRumors Fantasy version.

If you like a bit of fantasy sport-based tomfoolery and would like to take part drop me a PM and I'll send you the codes you need to get signed up with our league.

It's a game where you pick a team using a budget, incidentally - so if like rhett7660 you're the type who dozes off during drafts you've nothing to worry about. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.