Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The iCloud.com beta page has received a makeover with new icons from iOS 7.

The site is using new icons for Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Reminders and Find My iPhone; while iWork for iCloud is still using the older-style iWork for iOS icons.

icloudbeta.jpg
Apple has been sending iWork for iCloud beta invites to a number of users recently, as it expands its beta testing ahead of a fall launch for the product.

Thanks Jeremiah!

Article Link: iCloud.com Beta Gets iOS 7-Inspired Makeover

jmh600cbr

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2012
Weird that iWork beta icons are not iOS 7ish, but i guess thats because its still a secret.

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
Am I the only one? Ive always hated the Pages, Keynote, Numbers icons. Especially now they don't fit the style at all of iOS7.

dilute37

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2007
Grass Valley, CA
More than just the Splash

I would just like to point out that the changes are more than just the splash page and icons. Each of the web apps has been updated, as well. Aside from the iWork apps.

darkknight14

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2011
I wonder if the web apps themselves have received a makeover, mail especially used to have a horrible UI

designaholic

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
Horrible and inconsistent. I used to look up to Apple's design quality and consistency, sad to see this mess going on. I seriously hope they don't go down this road in future versions of OSX, but at least that's customisable.

Gus Van Der Mee

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2013
Mail is missing delete button or i'm blind.

----------

Horrible and inconsistent. I used to look up to Apples' design quality and consistency, sad to see this mess going on. I seriously hope they don't go down this road in future versions of OSX, but at least that's customisable.

Beautiful and consistent. Your turn.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
It will be nice once iOS, OS X and applications are unified design wise. Those iWork icons look like an eye sore next to the iOS 7 style icons. I'm sure it will happen over time. I wonder if we'll see new designs for find my friend and iTunes U when iOS 7 goes live.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.