Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thedogjob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
So I recentally purchessed a ps3 dualshock 3 controller to use on my mac to play games. I whent to pair it to my computer after looking at 2 or 3 tutorials and I thought I had a pretty good idea of what I was doing because It didnt seem too complicated... plug in the remote press the ps button unplug put in 0000 and boom you're done. Well to pu it simply that didnt happen every time I go to pair it it askes me to put in a password like 8346 5279 from my ps conntroller, wich by the way the mac thinks its a keyboard, and then press 'enter' from the controller. I couldnt figure out what to do, I even tried getting the button number layout and trying to push the number 8 button and the number 3 button and so on, I've also tried putting in the password on the actuall mac keyboard and it just made the annoying 'dun' sound that macs make when you do something they don't like, I also tried putting in 0000 in the built in keyboard and the same 'dun' sound. I did a little more research and found out about this 'add to favorites and turn of bluetooth and update services thing and nothing.
what I did figure out is that as soon as the window asking for me to put in a passcode pops up the controller is connected andif I wait 45 seconds the window that has the password will go away and the controller will magically stay connected untill I close the bluetooth prefs widow. so this is my problem no matter what I do the controller wont connect or stay connected so if someone could please help that ould be great the more answers the more likely something will work
-cheers

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
So I recentally purchessed a ps3 dualshock 3 controller to use on my mac to play games. I whent to pair it to my computer after looking at 2 or 3 tutorials and I thought I had a pretty good idea of what I was doing because It didnt seem too complicated... plug in the remote press the ps button unplug put in 0000 and boom you're done. Well to pu it simply that didnt happen every time I go to pair it it askes me to put in a password like 8346 5279 from my ps conntroller, wich by the way the mac thinks its a keyboard, and then press 'enter' from the controller. I couldnt figure out what to do, I even tried getting the button number layout and trying to push the number 8 button and the number 3 button and so on, I've also tried putting in the password on the actuall mac keyboard and it just made the annoying 'dun' sound that macs make when you do something they don't like, I also tried putting in 0000 in the built in keyboard and the same 'dun' sound. I did a little more research and found out about this 'add to favorites and turn of bluetooth and update services thing and nothing.
what I did figure out is that as soon as the window asking for me to put in a passcode pops up the controller is connected andif I wait 45 seconds the window that has the password will go away and the controller will magically stay connected untill I close the bluetooth prefs widow. so this is my problem no matter what I do the controller wont connect or stay connected so if someone could please help that ould be great the more answers the more likely something will work
-cheers
Does this thread help?
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1328110/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.