Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaun9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2005
I used to use Xcode 2.0, but recently upgraded to Xcode 2.2. Before when i was writing a program (in Java 5), if there was an error in my code a red "x" would show up in the left margin (during compiling) on the line in which there was an error. It no longer does that anymore. All it does it is state how many errors are in the code at the bottom of the screen, but it doesnt identify which lines the errors are on. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Thank you.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
That reminds me... When Xcode shows a red 'x' or the yellow warning symbol in the margin of the source code editing window, if I roll over the symbol, it will give me a tooltip of the full error text. But what happens is, a second after I roll over it for the first time, the tooltip disappears. If I then move the mouse off the symbol and back over it, the tooltip will come back and stay this time until I move the mouse off again. So I find myself doing this little "mouse dance" a lot and it can be quite frustrating (especially with a trackpad at 1280x854). Does anyone else have this Xcode bug?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.