Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SD-B

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Although I have always jailbroken my iPhones, I haven't ever bothered to do so with either of my iPads but I am now considering it so I would like to know if I can do it with my iPad 2?

Its version 6.1.3 (10B329)
iPad 3.0

Secondly can I unlock it? I am not sure how it works with these in Toronto, when locked to Bell?

I am with Rogers and not sure IF Bell can be unlocked although I believe Bell uses sim cards?

If it can be done, if you are able to suggest the best known software to jailbreak it with, please feel free to do so.

Thanking in Advance
:)

SD-B

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
??

There isn't?
Actually I did google it quickly and didn't see anything about it but was pretty sure i could hence, why i asked here.

Is this just a matter of waiting and there will be one out soon or is there more going on about this version and a jailbreak than I am aware of?

I have heard something said in the past about how all iPad 2's came unlocked in Canada but then I have seen others claim that not to be true.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
All ipads are unlocked, google some more, there is a jb for 6.0-6.1.2 for A5+ device, 6.1.3 fixes the exploits for the JB.

Next JB will most likely be for iOS 7

SD-B

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Looking inside it says my Carrier is Bell 14.0

This was left with me about 6 months ago and I am just looking at it now so i took out what was a Bell Sim, although it wasn't working and put in a Rogers sim, although it was an old sim from my iPhone to see if anything would happen but it just says Network is Not Available although i can run it off of my wifi.

IF they were all unlocked, why would it say Bell for Carrier inside?

Although when i press the button to turn Cellular Data on, and APN Settings, I now see under APN what says rogers-core-appl1.apn so i assume its being picked up because of the rogers sim card i just put in OR would that just mean that someone has used it on the Rogers network before?

TRIJETHERO: Interesting I was not aware that all iPads were unlocked. I cant imagine why they would be? Why do they not have them locked up to a carrier as they do the iPhones?

Next JB will most likely be for iOS 7

Oh, that will be quite some time then ;-(

Ok, so i guess is now or never
thanks

Last edited:

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Because it is not a phone, but a tablet.

A phone sim does not work in an iPad, you need a data sim.

The carrier settings is coupled to the sim you put in, when you put in a rogers data sim it will change to rogers settings and will tell you so in settings.

Do some more googling and research, with your current knowledge level i would not recomment JB

SD-B

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Because it is not a phone, but a tablet.

A phone sim does not work in an iPad, you need a data sim.

The carrier settings is coupled to the sim you put in, when you put in a rogers data sim it will change to rogers settings and will tell you so in settings.

Do some more googling and research, with your current knowledge level i would not recomment JB

I am quite adept at jail breaking iphones but i have never used either of the two ipads here, hence, was not at all familiar with their being different sims for them, etc......not anything about them at all.

Thank you for your answers however there was no need for your arrogance.
To suggest that i not jailbreak for my level is not up to what you believe to be good enough, was just that, simple arrogance.

I suggest in future you get over your precious self and learn to answer people with some clean and precise answers, but leaving the attitude out of it.

Otherwise, thank you!

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
There is no jailbreak for you, but ipads are unlocked so you should be able to just pop in a new sim and go.

in other news, not sure how accurate this is but:

http://www.ihacksblog.com/planetbeing-untethered-jailbreak-ios-7-all-devices/

According to this famous ios hacker, he said that untethered jailbreak ios 7 tool will be arrive after Apple officially release their iOS 7 Gold Master, which was expected to be in September. He also said that the arrival of jailbreak ios 7 will supports all devices. Planetbeing suggested everyone to be patient about the untethered jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 because it will be will be released simultaneously with iOS 7 jailbreak.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World

SD-B

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Not sure about that but slightly related is that we keep hearing that the ios7 will also lock up iPhones so if you lose one there will be no way of getting it to work, etc........I already know that is not true.

I was given an iphone 5 with the developers version of ios7 on it and that problem was of course included but i gave it to a friend who works on iPhones and he got around it, 2 or 3 weeks ago. In case no one has mentioned yet that they can get around it if needed.

Steve-Jobs

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2010
Didn't want to open another thread.
But I bought an iPad last week (iPad 4 Retina running 6.1.3) and was wondering if there's a JB for it. I googled it but there're millions of ideas, articles, opinions. I think this is the right place to ask...

thanks

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Didn't want to open another thread.
But I bought an iPad last week (iPad 4 Retina running 6.1.3) and was wondering if there's a JB for it. I googled it but there're millions of ideas, articles, opinions. I think this is the right place to ask...

thanks

No, nothing currently for an ipad on 6.1.3
Maybe in the future after ios 7 is out.

Steve-Jobs

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2010
Thanks mate, I knew you'd come first for help as usual :)

I have iPhone 4 running 6.1.2 it's jailbroken. While you're here: is there a untethered JB for 6.1.3 and do I really need to JB it or wait until 7?

cheers

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Thanks mate, I knew you'd come first for help as usual :)

I have iPhone 4 running 6.1.2 it's jailbroken. While you're here: is there a untethered JB for 6.1.3 and do I really need to JB it or wait until 7?

cheers

If you do some research in the 100+ threads on this subject you'll find the answer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.