Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gordonyune2012

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2013
I have updated to ios 7 beta 4 before, with my iphone 5, and it went fine that time. But recently I updated to ios 7 beta 5 and found out the battery drain problem, thus I downgraded the phone back to ios 6.
Now I would like to update to ios 7 beta 4 again, I tried to update with the same ipsw file i used to update my phone few weeks ago, but this message "This device is not eligible for the requested build" popped up :(
I have searched for many threads and videos concerning the problem, but so far what I got from those did not contribute well to the problem.
P.S. I don't have the "gs.apple.com" on my hosts file
My connection is fine
I have tried to turn off the firewall , but doesnt work for the update.
ANYONE PLEASE HELP?? I've backed up some important doc. to iCloud during my ios 7 beta 4 usage >.< and now i cant get back those doc. :(
THANKS!

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
Apple isn't signing beta 4 anymore so no one can restore to it. That's your answer.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
You have to install beta 6. Apple is not stigning beta 4 anymore. And why would you not install the latest beta with more bugfixes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.