Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
Whenever I go into settings and turn on Bluetooth, I discover 0 devices but my friend's device can detect my phone (itouch 5th gen, 4th gen, galaxy s3, galaxy s2)

They can initiate the pairing and pairing is successful but I can't detect any bluetooth device. It's just stuck on the spinning wheel

Does this seem like a software or hardware problem? If its software, I think I'm going to leave it until iOS 7 jailbreak comes out

If it seems to be hardware related, I'm planning to restore to 6.1.4 and see if it fixes the problem and if it doesn't, I'm going to get a replacement from apple before my warranty goes up. I really do not want to lose my jailbreak and appreciate all the responses on this issue I'm having

I'm curreny on iOS 6.1.2 jailbroken. I tried booting up holding the volume up button and it didn't do any good so I doubt it's tweak related

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
iOS devices can't connect to other phones via bluetooth to transfer pictures and files like an Android phone can connect to another Android phone via bluetooth.

There is nothing wrong with your phone.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
iOS devices can't connect to other phones via bluetooth to transfer pictures and files like an Android phone can connect to another Android phone via bluetooth.

There is nothing wrong with your phone.

I'm connecting for Bluetooth tethering, not transferring files

----------

I wouldn't loose the JB for it!

The only good out of it is that my replacement device would be the AWS band iPhone 5 (as I'm with T-Mobile)

Do you think this is a hardware or software problem?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
Have you tried in safe mode?

I have as stated in the opening post. I think it's just iOS in general in the devices they can pick up via Bluetooth

I don't have any wireless Bluetooth headset/device to test it but I think the iOS devices can only find my device via Bluetooth if I have my hotspot enabled

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.