Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

z38er

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2013
Hey There guys, I've been having this issue since one month now and it's driving me crazy and now am totally frustrated as i tried many fixes but nothing seems to work....... Here is the problem:

I have a jailbroken iPhone 5 running IOS 6.0.1 and i started to notice just one month ago that the phone started to drain the battery very quick and get very hot, as a result making me able to use the phone just for 3 to 4 hours ?!?!? and charging the phone 4 times per day !!!
Even if it was on standby, locked, 3G turned off and WIFI tuned off it drained 40% to 50% from the battery within 4 to 5 hours !!!

I thought this could be a software issue so i uninstalled most of the tweaks that i got from cydia and installed an app to see if there was some applications or processes running in the background that kept on loading the processor and made the phone hot.... But the predecessor was idle all the time....

Just before i decided to get a new battery the phone run out of juice and it wouldn't charge or turn back on, even after leaving the charger connected for more than one hour !!!

Installed a new OEM battery and first thing i noticed is that the phone turned itself on without holding the power button, i thought it was not a big deal and i continued to charge the phone to a full charge and started to use it but i had the same drainage and heat issue. Also what was weird is that when the phone run out of juice the screen kept on displaying that i need to connect to a charger just like if i was holding the power button while the phone doesn't have enough juice. And even if there were juice in the battery and i manually turned off the phone it kept turning back on !!!!!! But if it was connected to a charger and was running on and turned it off while still connected to the charger it kept it self off like a normal phone.

I sent the phone to a repair shop and changed the dock connector and the power flex cable but still nothing...........

Hope someone can help me with this issue.

Thanks and sorry for the long write.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
DFU restore/Update to latest iOS firmware from iTunes is really the only way this issue is going to get resolved. It really just seems like the phone is being drained because of the jailbreak. If it's not worth charging 4x a day then just restore.

Also, whoever switched out your battery might've messed up the power/lock button function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.