Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Aug 17, 2013, 08:15 PM   #1
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

While Apple is at it with iCloud keychain they should

make it so you can passcode lock certain apps.
Don't want someone looking at your instagram? Make them have to enter a passcode!
Showed someone a photo and they instead want to look at your messages? There's a passcode for that! Such a simple idea too
Old Aug 17, 2013, 08:20 PM   #2
MarcusCarpenter
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
make it so you can passcode lock certain apps.
Don't want someone looking at your instagram? Make them have to enter a passcode!
Showed someone a photo and they instead want to look at your messages? There's a passcode for that! Such a simple idea too
Nice concept, however i don't think it will ever happen. Only show your device to people you trust ? i mean its got a passcode on it already so no one can just look at your files. Plus it would be annoying using the phone on a daily basis having to type passcodes in to unlock your device then to open an app
MarcusCarpenter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Cougarcat
macrumors 603

Instead of doing that they should add multiple accounts for the iPad.
Cougarcat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 08:22 PM   #4
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusCarpenter View Post
Nice concept, however i don't think it will ever happen. Only show your device to people you trust ? i mean its got a passcode on it already so no one can just look at your files. Plus it would be annoying using the phone on a daily basis having to type passcodes in to unlock your device then to open an app
I wouldn't call it a concept, there a quite a few jailbreak tweaks for it and I'm sure windows and android phone have a form of it, and it can be "geofenced". When you're at home it'll shut off automatically, and no matter who you trust nobody wants someone going through their "personal" stuff. Everybody is a peeping tom nowadays

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7