Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:09 PM   #1
BigB82
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to BigB82
Best way to export/import sms, call log, pics, voicemails?

I am having some issues with iOS 7 on all the builds which is that my vibrate wont work at all for phone calls or sms, it just silences when I turn the switch.

That being said I want to do a clean install, I cannot lose my text message history, call log, voicemails, pics. A few guys on here suggested iExplorer & iBackupBot

I have both but iBackupBot wont work with ios7 I guess cause it keeps saying device handshake failed.

In terms of iExplorer it doesn't look like I can import any of these things back on a clean install, can anyone else help please and give details? Thanks
Old Aug 18, 2013, 01:32 PM   #2
Parise
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB82 View Post
I am having some issues with iOS 7 on all the builds which is that my vibrate wont work at all for phone calls or sms, it just silences when I turn the switch.

That being said I want to do a clean install, I cannot lose my text message history, call log, voicemails, pics. A few guys on here suggested iExplorer & iBackupBot

I have both but iBackupBot wont work with ios7 I guess cause it keeps saying device handshake failed.

In terms of iExplorer it doesn't look like I can import any of these things back on a clean install, can anyone else help please and give details? Thanks
Why not just backup to iCloud?
Parise is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2013, 01:33 PM   #3
BigB82
macrumors 6502a

I do. But restoring the same backup will put back on whatever problem is causing the vibration not to work in the first place.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 01:34 PM   #4
richard6r
macrumors regular

Quote:

Did you turn vibrate off in settings ?

Go to Settings, Sounds and switch on Vibrate on Ring.
richard6r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2013, 01:35 PM   #5
BigB82
macrumors 6502a

I'm not new to iPhone lol yes I did
Old Aug 18, 2013, 01:36 PM   #6
Zcott
macrumors 68020

iCloud will work.
Zcott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2013, 01:49 PM   #7
Parise
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard6r View Post
Did you turn vibrate off in settings ?

Go to Settings, Sounds and switch on Vibrate on Ring.
Your issue sounds more of a corruption in some kind of system file. Restoring an iCloud backup (from what I know about them) won't touch anything system related in that sense.
Parise is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2013, 02:20 PM   #8
richard6r
macrumors regular

Quote:
I'm not new to iPhone lol yes I did
lol if you turned it off then theres your problem. When your mute switch is off and "Vibrate on Ring" is off it won't vibrate. Likewise you can specifically turn off certain apps to not have them vibrate I.E calls and messages. Inside the Sounds panel go to ringtone or text tone and scroll up, it'll say Vibration. If it says None switch it to the default.
richard6r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2013, 02:33 PM   #9
BigB82
macrumors 6502a

Ironically my basic setting was fine. I never ever went into the vibrate setting under ringtone to put it to none.

After reading your reply I decided to go check and boom there you have it lol. Weird.

Lesson: always dot your i's and cross your t's.

----------

A side note I still want to clean install because my OTA updates are not working only manual.

Easy way to save SMS call logs pics and such?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7