Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Baadshah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Copenhagen
I am in a serious problem regarding my backup on icloud.

I had updated to íOS 7 from iOS 6 on iPhone 5. Now i have had all my backup on icloud, so i always have the latest one, but i forgot doing a backup on my mac. Today i restored back to iOS 6, but i couldnt get my backup because it was done on a iOS 6. Thats why i again went back to iOS 7, so i can take a backup on my MAC. BUT BUT, its not letting me get into the backup option because i had to dfu restore to ios 6 then update to ios 7.... this thing i killing me.

someone please come up with a solution:confused:

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
I don't mean to sound rude, but I honestly have no idea what this says....

However, going off of your title, you cannot restore an ios 7 backup on ios 6.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
Yeah, me neither, I didn't get anything you've said but from your title I see that you want to use ios 7 backup for ios 6 and you can't, it's impossible to use a backup from a OS to an older OS

Baadshah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Copenhagen
Yeah, me neither, I didn't get anything you've said but from your title I see that you want to use ios 7 backup for ios 6 and you can't, it's impossible to use a backup from a OS to an older OS

Sorry, maybe I wrote too fast.
yes I want to use iOS 6, but the only backup I have is from iOS 7. Now if u go back to iOS 7, I don't get iCloud option, as I am non-developer, so I 1. DFU to iOS 6 --> then iOS 7 by updating.

If I do a full refresh iOS 7 install, I have to register my udid.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
Sorry, maybe I wrote too fast.
yes I want to use iOS 6, but the only backup I have is from iOS 7. Now if u go back to iOS 7, I don't get iCloud option, as I am non-developer, so I 1. DFU to iOS 6 --> then iOS 7 by updating.

If I do a full refresh iOS 7 install, I have to register my udid.

Yeah, fresh restore to ios 6, DON'T DO ANYTHING ON IOS 6, than install ios 7 by using "Shift+restore" with itunes. Even though you update to ios 7 beta from ios 6, it still counts as a fresh restore.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Yeah, fresh restore to ios 6, DON'T DO ANYTHING ON IOS 6, than install ios 7 by using "Shift+restore" with itunes. Even though you update to ios 7 beta from ios 6, it still counts as a fresh restore.

"Shift + Update"

OP: Do not install via "shift + restore" otherwise you will be stuck with an unregistered, unactivated phone.

DFU install iOS 6. Do not do the initial setup process on your phone, then immediately upgrade to iOS 7. After that, you will be prompted with the phone set up screens, one being to restore from iCloud backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.