Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
Almost every time I connect my iPod 4G it seems to need to reload nearly every song on it. It is a 32Gig and has about 1Gig free space. It really takes a long time and I don't want it to do that. How can I make it stop doing this???

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
I have noticed that if I delete just one app that is of any size, it goes and reloads almost every song. This seems like a programming error to me...

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Almost every time I connect my iPod 4G it seems to need to reload nearly every song on it. It is a 32Gig and has about 1Gig free space. It really takes a long time and I don't want it to do that. How can I make it stop doing this???

Open iTunes. Go to Preferences and under Devices make sure there Isis check mark by 'prevent . . . from syncing automatically' close preferences

Connect iPod. Wait for it to mount in iTunes then select it. Go to the 'tab' that says music

What is checked

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Yes. The genius mixes are turned on.

Thought so, if you are syncing the mixes to your ipod, then it is not realoading each song, I think it says something like "loading Genius data" or soemthing like that. But it will do that for your whole library.

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
Thought so, if you are syncing the mixes to your ipod, then it is not realoading each song, I think it says something like "loading Genius data" or soemthing like that. But it will do that for your whole library.

It does the Genius thing but then it does reload all the songs after that. I'll take a look and tell you exactly what it says.

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
Open iTunes. Go to Preferences and under Devices make sure there Isis check mark by 'prevent . . . from syncing automatically' close preferences

Connect iPod. Wait for it to mount in iTunes then select it. Go to the 'tab' that says music

What is checked
The entire music library is checked. I want to keep a copy of all my songs on my iPod but I just don't know why sometimes it will only copy 10 songs (all of them are old) or 2793 songs. All these songs are already on my iPod so I don't know why it re-cpoies them all over again.

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
It is completely a waste of time for it to reload songs it already has on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.