Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Aug 19, 2013, 07:13 AM   #1
zvezdochots
macrumors newbie

Send a message via ICQ to zvezdochots Send a message via Skype™ to zvezdochots
Exclamation Thoughts about iOS 7 and it's discussion

Hello, guys! I want to share my thoughts about iOS 7 with you and discuss the new Apple mobile OS, it's advantages, disadvantages and, especially, design.
I have an iPad 2, I was using iOS 7 Beta 2-6 on it during last months. The first problem is that it works really slow. Despite the many improvements in performance in comparison with the first beta, it works not so fast as iOS 6.
The second point is a design. It's very ambiguous. Whose idea was to make white icons and thin fonts without effects at the desktop? Notes.app is ugly, white background in all default apps is unusable.
This is only my opinion and I want to hear your thoughts about iOS 7.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 07:58 AM   #2
mirzank
macrumors regular

With the first few betas we couldnt be sure if the "every two weeks" releases were co-incidence, r planned by apple. Well it seems they are planned and beta 7 will drop today on time.

When dev centre went down and we didnt get a timely release, everybody was arguin about whether there was going to be a release that got delayed, or no release at all. The next beta dropped 3 weeks later. Confusion. But then the beta after that dropped a week later. Putting theschedule on a bi-monthly timeline when you take out the exceptional event. Also, its not just bi-weekly, but rather apple has internal deadlines for dates they want to release betas on. Otherwise beta 5 and 4 would have had a two week gap instead of one week gap.

We have enough datapoints now to infer that the releases are intended to be every two weeks. Unless something ezceptional comes up. Like the dev centre being down. Or the bug fix in beta 6.

So beta 7 will drop tonight. And if it does, i really really hope we can stop this ridiculous habit of starting multiple threads before a new release to disicuss if we think it will happen or not.
mirzank is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 08:20 AM   #3
iMacBooked
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to iMacBooked Send a message via AIM to iMacBooked Send a message via MSN to iMacBooked Send a message via Yahoo to iMacBooked Send a message via Skype™ to iMacBooked
I don't see why you made a thread about this. The whole subforum 'iOS 7' is about thoughts and discussion..
iMacBooked is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 08:40 AM   #4
mirzank
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMacBooked View Post
I don't see why you made a thread about this. The whole subforum 'iOS 7' is about thoughts and discussion..
hahahahahaha.

when i first read the thread title i initially thought he was starting a meta discussion thread. a discussion about the discussions.
mirzank is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 09:31 AM   #5
bchery21
macrumors 6502

^

I seriously thought the same thing.

EDIT: That being said, zvezdochots may be right; beta 7 may drop today.

Last edited by bchery21; Aug 19, 2013 at 09:37 AM.
bchery21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 04:57 PM   #6
iMacBooked
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to iMacBooked Send a message via AIM to iMacBooked Send a message via MSN to iMacBooked Send a message via Yahoo to iMacBooked Send a message via Skype™ to iMacBooked
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirzank View Post
hahahahahaha.

when i first read the thread title i initially thought he was starting a meta discussion thread. a discussion about the discussions.
Indeed, lol! Most useless thread ever here IMO. Maybe someone should post a new FAQ for dummies, starting with: (a) what is a (sub)forum, (b) what is a thread, (c) what am I doing here at all when I have to read this.
iMacBooked is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Tags
ios, ios 7