Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
With rumors of a 12MP camera on the next iPhone, those image files are going to take up an awful lot of space. Personally I'm happy with 6 - 8MP images for display on my TV and retina iPad.
Does iOS 7 allow you to set the resolution of the camera prior to taking a picture?

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
With rumors of a 12MP camera on the next iPhone, those image files are going to take up an awful lot of space. Personally I'm happy with 6 - 8MP images for display on my TV and retina iPad.
Does iOS 7 allow you to set the resolution of the camera prior to taking a picture?

No current settings in iOS 7 that lets you adjust the resolution of your pictures (could be useful) but their are rumors that the 16GB entry level iPhone will be ditched in place of a 32GB entry level, making it cheaper to have the phone with more space.

We all know how easy it is to fill that 16 GB. :apple:

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
No. IOS 7 does not. Pictures taken on on the iPhone are the resolution specified by Apple. However 3rd Party Apps can be purchased to to satisfy that need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.