Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I'm going to sell my Mac Mini before I head out and grab a retina macbook pro.

It's a 2011 mini with the 6630M GPU, 8gigs of ram, 1.5 i5 sandy bridge CPU running OSX 10.8.4. I have the bluetooth keyboard and a freshly replaced magic touchpad. I also have a 23 inch lenovo monitor. As well as a logitech C920 webcam.

The system still has applecare until February 2015 but I swapper the HDD for a 256 gig Corsair Neutron GTX SSD. I'll probably have to swap the original drive back in there so the applecare is still a valid selling point, but I'm thinking if I find the right buyer, I could get more out of it with the SSD still in there. Either way, the original HDD will be included.

I have other stuff that goes with it, but I plan on keeping those.

I'm uncertain how to price all of this and sell it all off. I could craigslist it for cash only but not likely sell it all together, which is fine, but I will get less out of it. I could try ebay, which I have never done before, but I'm worried about getting scammed.

What would you price this at and how would you sell it?

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
Below is the ad I'm thinking of putting up on craigslist. opinions?
--------------
I'm looking to sell my mid-2011 Mac Mini. The machine is still in great shape and has never had any problems. I'm buying a laptop soon and won't need the desktop anymore.

CPU: 2.5 GHz Core i5 (Sandy Bridge)
RAM: upgraded to 8 GB
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6630M with 256MB dedicated GDDR5 memory
HDD: 500 GB
SSD: 240 GB Corsair Neutron GTX
Applecare: expires February 2015

The SSD is aftermarket, so if you actually even need to use the applecare, just swap in the factory drive. They'll never know. Either way, the factory HDD is included.

Price without SSD: $725
Price with SSD: $900

If you want, I also have the bluetooth keyboard, wireless touchpad, 3 sets of rechargeable batteries, a Logitech C920 webcam and a Lenovo 23 inch monitor I'll sell for $200 extra.

It's been a great computer system, especially with that SSD, but I need a laptop now and as I said above, I have no need for 2 computers.

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
Here you get apple care if you toss a drive yourself. Just not for THAT drive, but all other parts are covered. Not in the US?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.