Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ben123456

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
I have had the beta for awhile but i can't find the Facebook and twitter options for NC did Apple take those out?

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Gone and never coming back. It's not a notification. Might come back in control center.

Doubt it. At least not from Apple. I would say once ios 7 is jailbroken. The jailbreak community will find a way to change the control center icons to ppls liken. And that will probably include tap to post to facebook/twitter options. In my opinion of course.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
I would still suggest Apple get rid of the the Missed Tab and replace it with a quick compose tab to let you quick text, e-mail, facebook,twitter, call etc.

I like the missed tab as sometimes I don't want to trawl thru the all tab just to see if I missed a text or something

emckai

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
My prediction: During the iOS 7 announcement along with the new iDevices they'll say "Oh you thought we forgot the social widget. WE DIDN'T!"

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
Why would FB and Twitter not be in Notification Centre?? Wouldn't people like the option to be notified of updates in NC?? I think I would and I recall it being there in iOS 6.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Why would FB and Twitter not be in Notification Centre?? Wouldn't people like the option to be notified of updates in NC?? I think I would and I recall it being there in iOS 6.

He's talking about this. It's gone in iOS 7 because that is not a notification. It's a shortcut to do something.

share_widget_-600x300.jpg

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
He's talking about this. It's gone in iOS 7 because that is not a notification. It's a shortcut to do something.

Oh okay. I get it. But even so I don't seem to get any FB notifications in NC. I'm using iOS 7. Maybe there is a setting I missed or maybe it's cause FB is not optimized for iOS 7 yet.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Oh okay. I get it. But even so I don't seem to get any FB notifications in NC. I'm using iOS 7. Maybe there is a setting I missed or maybe it's cause FB is not optimized for iOS 7 yet.

Aside from going into notifications, locating facebook and setting up the alert style and presence in NC I don't see what else you could do wrong.

uhaas

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2012
Boston, MA

I think part of the issue is there are new integrated social services coming online like LinkedIn, 10cent, etc. Do you put a button in for all of them?

Too bad, I used both all the time.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
I think part of the issue is there are new integrated social services coming online like LinkedIn, 10cent, etc. Do you put a button in for all of them?

Too bad, I used both all the time.

Wtf is 10cent?

And no, you make two buttons, and allow the user to select which one does what.

Apple, this isn't rocket science.

Tomn94

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2012
The same.
I’m disappointed, I must now tell Siri just « Tweet ». And it shows me an empty Twitter dialog box. But it’s less convenient (and noisy).

ben123456

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
Wtf is 10cent?

And no, you make two buttons, and allow the user to select which one does what.

Apple, this isn't rocket science.

This. Or even Instagram integration for photo sharing. I don't see why it's so difficult to do.

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
This. Or even Instagram integration for photo sharing. I don't see why it's so difficult to do.

it's easier than ever to share with iOS 7 on instagram it now even has a square camera that makes things easier. but an instagram shortcut might work for 7.1

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
It must be just me but I don't see enough urgency of posting on Facebook or Twitter to justify having those actions in the NC. I'd rather have a quick dial for favorites from there or compose SMS.

DJLC

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2005
North Carolina
I do miss that a bit in iOS 7. I find I no longer update my status with the one-off thoughts I have that I deem worth sharing. I generally use Facebook less.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing.

ben123456

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
It must be just me but I don't see enough urgency of posting on Facebook or Twitter to justify having those actions in the NC. I'd rather have a quick dial for favorites from there or compose SMS.

I just thought it made it easy to post

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
I would still suggest Apple get rid of the the Missed Tab and replace it with a quick compose tab to let you quick text, e-mail, facebook,twitter, call etc.

Total feels on this, I'd love a place where I can do quick compose for various things, iMessages, Facebook, Twitter and whatever else they can integrate into it.

I at least would love to just have it for Facebook and Twitter, that's how I typically used to update those. The app is buggy and sometimes will crash upon opening, having it baked in made it so much more fluid when I needed to share something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.