Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Aug 21, 2013, 01:21 PM   #1
Robertsmania
macrumors member

iOS 7 Mail - Stubborn Messages, wont trash or move on device but do on server

With all versions of the iOS 7 beta so far I have a problem with the Mail app managing messages in All Inboxes.

Some messages that show up in the All Inboxes list will disappear momentarily when using the edit or swipe options to move them to other folders or send them to the trash - but then they will appear right back in the Inbox on the next refresh.

Checking in the account specific Mailbox on the device or on the server where the mail account is hosted shows that the messages in question have indeed been moved to the proper folders (either the intended sub folder, or trash).

The email account in question runs on an imap/sendmail server and everything has worked fine with previous iOS builds as well as all the email clients I have used on desktops - and nothing has changed with the server or account setup (and all continues to be well with all other clients/devices). The IMAP path prefix is "Mail".

I reported this in the apple developer forums as well as submitting a bug on bugreport.apple.com - but am curious about other people who may have noticed the same problem. I'm hoping we can get a better understanding of what causes the problem and ideally a solid repro case.
Robertsmania is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2013, 03:25 PM   #2
Zcott
macrumors 68020

I've seen this too with a Google Apps email account.
Zcott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:23 PM   #3
Robertsmania
macrumors member

I'm sad to see this still happening with the GM build.
Robertsmania is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7