Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
how is this even possible?

a few weeks ago i did a total restore (as new) to my iphone via itunes because i wanted to get rid of the jailbreak as i have replaced my iphone with another phone and intended on selling it.

not particularly in a rush to get rid of it, but using it very sporadically now, i downloaded a few games i had once bought in the App Store to play every now an then.

i consciously did not add any email accounts, facetime, or icloud services because i only want to receive notifications on my new phone, not the iphone which just sits there collecting dust most of the time.

anyhow, yesterday was fiddling around with it when i hear a distinct notification sound, and to my dismay that sound indicated new email! i go into the mail app to see all my 3 accounts (iCloud + 2 hotmail) being synced in the mail app.

i was like WTF?!

where did it get my passwords from? and why did it decide on its own i wanted my email accounts being set up?

has anyone had this happen?

BTW this is an iphone 4S running 6.1.3.

giraffeboy27

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2013
When you restored, in itunes there is a setting to sync mail accounts from the laptop. It probobly did this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.