Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blarnld

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Hello,
I'm looking for a web host to specifically create a photo portfolio site. It will be mostly images, maybe some bg music. Hopefully not too expensive. Any recommendations?

ocabj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2009
I've been using Zenfolio for a presentation site for a few years now. No complaints.

Blarnld

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Thanks for the reply. Did you get your domain name through them or have one already?

rhp2424

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
I've been very happy with SmugMug for several years. I've been especially happy recently given their recent site revamp allowing for seemingly unbounded site customization.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
I've been very happy with SmugMug for several years. I've been especially happy recently given their recent site revamp allowing for seemingly unbounded site customization.

I have two sites with SmugMug and they are great! I love their customization and it's very easy to use.

ocabj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2009
Thanks for the reply. Did you get your domain name through them or have one already?

I registered it on my own. You should do the same, unless zenfolio is giving away free domain registrations that you can freely transfer later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.