Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has seeded the sixth Developer Preview of OS X Mavericks to developers, exactly two weeks after the release of the fifth Developer Preview. With the fifth preview, Apple introduced both the Mac iBooks app and a new beta version of iPhoto.

mavericks.jpg
OS X Mavericks, which is expected to be released this fall, includes multiple new features like a tabbed Finder, full screen dual monitor capabilities, Safari improvements, and a new Maps app. Developers can receive the update via the Software Update tool in the Mac App Store.

Article Link: Apple Releases OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 6

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
Hopefully Mavericks will bring back some of the responsiveness lost when Snow Leopard was replaced. Apple would have to do a lot to Safari to get me off Firefox but who knows?

lucasrant

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2008
Mavericks seems pretty polished already. REALLY hope they change the reminders app design to more or less match iOS 7's.

microcolt

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Behind You
So far so good, been using it on a daily basis (not on my work computer of course) and it seems pretty mature.

I just wish they would keep the Menu Bar in a fixed position instead of sliding it with the screen. Everything else is great! :D

ToddJ

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2008
Is there anything different with the iPhoto that is included in the Mavericks betas?

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
I'm looking forward to Mavericks. That being said:

1) Tabbed Finder should have been here years ago.

2) Dual Monitor Capability for Full Screen Mode should have been implemented with the debut of the Full Screen Mode in the first place. Going full screen and having all your other monitors go grey is so ridiculous it should be considered a bug and patched in the Lions.

Last edited:

ls1dreams

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2009
How many developer previews went out last time before the final was released?

I'm itching to upgrade from 10.6 since lots of new software requires 10.7+ lately!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.