Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unfrostedpoptar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Can someone tell me if Apple finally removed the idiotic iOS artificial limitation of only allowing searches for events within a year of the current day? This has driven me crazy every since I got my iPhone 4 when it came out. There's nothing like having 20 years of my life in the calendar but when at the doctors office not being able to answer a simple question like "when did you last see doctor XX?" if it was more than a year before!

The event is in there - I just can't search for it.
Works fine on the Mac.
Works fine on Android.
Works fine on a 15-year-old Palm PDA!
Doesn't work on a super-powered iPhone 5.

I have one calendar app - Calvetica - that somehow is able to do this but it's amazingly slow - which is still better than not at all. I've been at the "Genius Bar" and been escalated to advanced support techs but iOS, at least through iOS6, just won't do it.

So, can someone with iOS7 installed take a minute and enter an event for something like Jan 1, 2010 and see if search will find it? There's just no excuse for this and if it's not fixed in iOS7, as much as switching would be a pain, I'm going to have to start seriously looking at a Galaxy.

Thanks,

David

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.